Chapter 6- Whitney Houston- Ariana Grande Love Child

I battle my way through the crowd of photographers and reporters that had now formed outside the reception doors

I battle my way through the crowd of photographers and reporters that had now formed outside the reception doors. I follow Will around the corner of the building to where he had parked the rental Mercedes. The sun is now high in the clear blue sky but frost settles on some of the car's windshields. Aeroplanes fly low in the sky just above the skyscrapers leaving white trails behind them, the loud engine sound becoming therapeutic to listen to against the hustle and bustle of the city. I can feel the press on my heels, the camera clicks echoing in my ears as I step down into the front seat of the car. We speed away from the sea of photographers rushing up to the curb, I turn my head to watch the dismal scenery of stacked grey cylinder blocks fly past the window. I don't know how but the city seems even duller in the daylight. Will attempts to make conversation in the heavy silence, I'm still hungover and mardy about last night, I'm also anticipating how well my label meetings will go today. Will's sensed  I'm in a shit mood, he's let me be all morning- leaving me to mope about the hotel room.  He occasionally darts his eyes from the road over to my slumped body in the passenger seat, judging if he should try and talk to me or not.

"Well, I think that went well right? The board will be happy."

I stay silent, I don't even want to acknowledge him until,

"What was up with you and Berkeley's Assistant before I came in? It looked...really tense- "

"Jesus nothing, she's just massive pain in my ass... back off out my business William." I snap back.

"Oh yeah?" he says winking at me.

I know he won't drop this, he will pry and pry until he's got something. I might as well just tell him, feeling the need to eliminate the headache I already have planted in my brain.

"Fine! We met at the bar last night." I say bluntly, my eyes still staring out of the window.

Met was probably an overstatement. My manager keeps his eyes squinted on the road and I can practically hear the clogs clicking in his head trying to place her in the bar, but of course, the first thing to fly out of his mouth is,

"Oh my Christ Colten please tell me you didn't sleep with her!"

Of course. I laugh inwardly though, I would have had to tie her to a chair and muzzle her before I actually got to fuck her.  Actually... that doesn't sound too bad, oh god Colton stop, I do not have time for a cold shower right now. I could really do with a good fuck since Miss PA scared away those two beauties last night. 

My eyes finally snap around to meet Wills concerned expression,

"What? No, you must be having a fucking laugh. She's a fucking brat who's done everything in her power to piss me off." I calm myself down a bit before proceeding,

"She works at that bar, Nikis, and last night she smashed into me holding a tray of drinks, she completely ruined my limited edition shirt and scared away my girls. Then she has the nerve to say it was my fault! MY fucking fault."