Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"it's a wanted poster of you-" Katara started but was interrupted by the bellow of the earth benders girlfriend

"WHAT!" Cara shouted as she ran over to Toph "where in all of the spirit world, did this come from!?" she yelled again with the most angry face anyone has ever seen.

"where did you get that?" Toph asked with frustration ignoring Cara "it doesn't matter where I got it from, the fact is-" Katara got cut off by Toph "you went thought my stuff-" Toph started but was cut off by Cara "wait a minute, you knew about the poster but didn't tell us-tell me" Cara said with sadness in her voice "you lied to us-to me, how could you!" Cara yelled at Toph, who backed away slightly from her angry girlfriend.

"I knew I should of stopped you from doing more of those scams, but no, I decided to trust you, that you could stop on your own, well looks like I was wrong" Cara said with a hurt tone present in her voice as she walked away from Toph, who called her name but Cara didn't turn back, she heard Katara and Toph shouting in the distance as she walked down to the river and found a place under the camp were she could think.

After a while, she decided to get into the shallow water, after taking her cloths off, and walked into the water, it was cool against her skin, but not to cold, it was nice, she then made herself float and began thinking deeply about Toph and the current situation.

"Cara?" she heard Katara say before making her body go back under water so nobody could see it "sorry, I came to wash but I see your already using it, I'll go" Katara said but Cara stopped her "wait" she said before creating an ice wall between the two that distorted both their images "thank you" Katara said before getting in the shallow water.

"I'm sorry I caused a fight between you and Toph"

Cara sighed "it's not your fault, she's just stubborn, but I didn't like that she lied about the poster" Cara admitted as she made herself float again.

"I bet that was very hurtful for you"

"I'll get over it" she said sighing as they both heard foot steps above them "so let me guess, you brought me out here to tell me your sisters not annoying has I make her out to be, and I was wrong to lie to Cara, well I already know the second one is a big mistake" Toph said as her and Sokka sat on the edge of the cliff.

"no, Katara is pretty much a pain, but your right about the lying part" Katara pouted angrily as Sokka continued talking "Katara-shes always got to be right about everything and she gets all bossy, and involved, and in your business"

" yeah I don't know how you can deal with it" Toph laughed "actually in a way, I rely on it"

"I don't understand"

" when are mum died that was the hardest time in my life, our family was a mess but Katara, she had so much strength she stepped up and took on so much responsibility she helps fill the Void that was left by our mom" Sokka explained, Katara smiled lightly as she heard her brother say the nice things about her "I guess I never thought about that"

"I'm gonna tell you something crazy, I've never told anyone this before, but honestly I'm not sure I can remember what my mother looked like it really seems like my whole life Katara has being the one looking out for me, she's always been the one that's there, and now my try to remember my mum Katara is the only face I can picture"

Katara frowned slightly as Sokka told Toph about his lack of memory of their mother, it pained her to know that he will never know his mother again " the truth is sometimes Katara does actor motherly but that's not always a bad thing" Toph started.

" she's compassionate, kind and she actually cares about me, just like Cara, they care about the real me, that's more then my own mom" Toph admitted as she wiped tears from her eyes.

"you tell either of them and your dead" Toph punched Sokka in the arm "my lips are sealed"

After a bit, Katara got out leaving Cara with her own thoughts again, she was going to forgive Toph, it was better then not forgiving her, she loved her.

After getting dry and dressed she went back to camp to find only the three animals there "where did they go?" Cara asked herself before the others came running back to camp and quickly packed everything "what's happening?" Cara asked.

"no time to ask questions just pack everything" Sokka said in panic, Cara decided to ask questions later as she put everything she could on Appa and they took off.

She noticed immediately that Toph wasn't by her side, so she found the earth bender and held onto her arm "Cara?" Toph asked hesitantly "I forgive you" Cara said gently before placing a kiss on Toph's cheek "I'm sorry for lying to you, I promise to never do it again, ever" Toph continued but Cara simply place her head on the girls shoulder "I said your forgiven, my little earth bender" Toph smiled slightly as she kissed Cara on the lips gently as they flew into the night.

(Merry Christmas everyone, hope you're all having a wonderful day)