chapter one

Aangs pov

I open my eyes slightly to see a pretty girl over me.

"I need to ask you something?" I ask her weakly.

"What"

"please come closer"

"wanna go penguin sledding with me" I ask eagerly my face widening as I shoot up.

"Er sure" she says slightly unsure.

"Whats going on here" I ask rubbing my head

"You tell us how did you get in the ice, and why aren't you frozen!?" He pokes me with his spear

"I'm not sure" I say wondering where I am untill I hear a groan and realise appa is awake.

Appa" I say while I go up the ice hill to see him.

"Appa, come buddy wake up" I tug at his mouth untill I get pushed by his tongue.

"What is that thing?!" The boy asks

"This is Appa my flying bison" he points to the girl "right and this is Katara my flying sister" Appa begins to snort and sneezes getting snot all over the boy and he screams trying to get it off

"Don't worry it'll wash out" I say as he groans in discomfort

"So do you guys live around here?" The boy points his spear in my face "Don't answer that, did you see that crazy bolt of light, he was probably trying to signal the fire navy" the girl walks from behind him "oh yeah I'm sure he's a spy for the fire navy, you can tell by the evil look in his eye"

I make a dumb face "the paranoid one is my brother Sokka, you never told us your name"

"I'm Aaaa-" I sneeze and blast in the air sliding on some ice.
"You just sneezed and flew ten feet in the air" Sokka says pointing to the sky

"Really felt higher then that" I say looking up "Your an air bender" Katara  says with wonder  "sure am"

"Giant light beams, flying bison, air benders I think I've got midnight sun madness I'm going home to where stuff makes sense" Sokka says walking to the edge of the ice Berg.

I  was about to say something untill I heard a faint voice "Cara?"

Appa moves to reveal my friend I rush over to her, "Cara you ok"

Caras pov

I feel someones hands touch me, realising it was Aang I let him help me up.

"Whos that?" I hear a girl ask "this is Cara" I felt light headed "Aang-" I fell to the ground unconscious.

I wake up not knowing my surroundings and scared "Aang" I say quietly, "Cara, thank goodness your ok" I hold my hand to my head "what happened?"

"You passed out, I think its because you where in the ice too long for your body to cope with it" Aang says placing his hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

I was calm untill I realized that Aang might of told the two people about my eyes "did you tell them, about you know" I move my hand up and down my eyes "no, why do you want me to"

My eyes widen "no!, I mean I don't want them to know because I don't want to get treated like I'm going to break like everyone else did" I could sense Aang understands.

"Ok I won't tell anyone" I hug him "Thank you".

We both walk out of the structure we was in and greeted by a group of people the girl comes next to us and introduces us.

"Aang, Cara this is the entire village, entire village Aang and Cara"

I felt Aang bow but the villagers back away slightly "why are they looking at me like that, did Appa sneeze on me"