Chapter Thirty Seven

"gather round team Avatar" Sokka says as he placed a melon onto of a wooden body "in order to take out the fire lord, or, in this case the melon Lord, our timing has to be perfect" he explained before kneeling on the ground and drawing the attack plan in the mud "first, Suki and I will draw his fire, then Katara and Zuko charge in with some liquidy hot offence, and while the melon Lord is distracted, Aang and Cara swoop in and bam, deliver the final blow" he explained but Toph noticed she wasn't apart of the plan "uh, what about me?" she asked.

"for now, you're the melon lord's forces" Sokka says bringing a smile to the earth benders face "so, I get to chuck flaming rock at all of you?" she asked excited "whatever makes the training field more realistic"

"sweetness" she says happily "yes princess?" Cara smiles as Toph goes bright red as the others chuckle slightly "you're gonna get so much rock thrown your way" Toph says before going to the melon lord statue and the Gaang got in their positions.

Toph laughed evily as she got into character of the melon Lord, Sokka then signaled for the the team to go and they ran towards Toph, who started making Fire nation rock soldiers, after Sokka and Suki got past them, they continued to run but nearly got crushed by a giant boulder "watch it, Toph!" he yelled but Toph just laughed evily again "I am not Toph, I am Melon Lord!" she laughed once again, as she launched another flaming rock.

After a few more rock based attacks, Sokka said for Aang and Cara to attack but as they were going for it, Cara noticed Aang stopped and so she stopped her attack as well  "I can't do it" he says looking down "what's wrong with you? If this was the real deal, you'd be shot full of lightning right now!" Sokka yelled at Aang who couldn't look him in the face "I'm sorry, but it didn't feel right, I didn't feel like myself" Sokka looked unimpressed as he got his sword and sliced the melon Lord's head off "there!" he stated "that's how it's done" he said walking away leaving Anag and Cara alone "even I didn't feel right doing that, so your not alone" Cara put her hand on Aang's shoulder to comfort him as he still looked down.

Later on, the Gaang were having dinner but Anag sat a few feet away from the rest, practically eating alone "I have a surprise for everyone!" Katara said coming out of the beach house "I knew it!, you did have a secret thing with Haru!" she laughed but no one ease did "uh, no I was looking for cooking pots in the attic and I found this" she says revealing a painting of a baby "look at baby Zuko! Isn't he cute?" she asked in a cute tone making all the seeing people except Aang and Zuko aww.

"oh lighten up, I'm just teasing" Katara says to Zuko who looked unamused "that's not me, its my father" he says surprising everyone "but he looks so sweet and innocent" Suki says pointing to the painting.

"well that sweet and innocent little kid grew up to be a monster and the worst father in the history of fathers" Zuko spat, he really didn't like his father now, and to think almost a year ago all he wanted was his father's love and for his honor to be returned.

"but he's still a human being" Anag spoke up "so you're gonna defend him?" Zuko asked and Anag shook his head "no, I agree with you, fire lord Ozai is a horrible person, and the world will probably be better off without him, but there's got to be another way" Aang lowered his head "like what?"

"I don't know maybe we can make some big pots of glue and then I can use glue  to stick his arms and legs together so we can't bend anymore" Aang said happily as he thought of a non treating way to defeat the fire lord "yeah, then you can show him his baby  and always happy memories will make him good again" Zuko says sarcastically making the others laugh " do you really think that would work?" Aang asked happily.

"no!" Zuko yelled making Aangs head drop " this goes against everything I learnt from the monks, I can't just go around wiping out people I don't like" Aang says while he paced around the garden "sure you can, you're the Avatar if it's in the name of keeping balance, I'm pretty sure the universe will forgive you" he says happily but Aang turned around slightly Annoyed "this isn't a joke, Sokka! None of you understand what position I'm in!" he yelled at them making them take a step back "Aang, we do understand its just-" Katara started but Aang cut her off "just what, Katara, what?"

"were trying to help" she stated.

"then you figure out a way to defeat the fire lord without taking his life I'd love to hear it!" he yelled and than walked off.

Later on Aang still hadn't come out of his room, so the Gaang went to bed but during the night, both Aang and Cara subconsciously got up, still in a sort of sleeping state, and walked out into the ocean and began to swim towards an island that wasn't there this morning.