chapter three

It was late afternoon and team Avatar had landed to rest for the night.

Caras pov

I was getting my things off Appa untill Toph spoke up "hey, you guys picked a great camp sight, the grass is so soft"

"Thats not grass, Appa's shedding" Sokka says and Katara didn't like it "oh, gross"

"Hey, Appa can't control it he's just getting a new coat ready for the year" I say placing my stuff on the ground.

"Yeah and its just a part of spring, you know, rebirth, flowers blooming and as Cara said Appa getting a new coat" I nod my head a little at Aang agreeing with him but Katara still didn't like it.

"Ahh. The beauty of spring" she said blandly but then Appa sneezed making the fur fly into the air and landing all over us.

I laughed a little, it was like snow but it tickled "stop Appa stop" Katara yelled before coughing

"Its not that bad, Katara it makes a great wig" Sokka said presenting his big white wig and then Aang jumped down "and a great beard" both stared laughing and I wanted to get in on the fun so I gathered up some of Appas fur while Katara spoke "I'm just glad we have another girl in the group because you two are disgusting"

"Excuse me, does anyone have a razor  because I got some hairy pits" I just couldn't take it anymore I laughed so hard that I forgot what I wad going to with the fur but then Aang sneezed causing their creations to fall apart, everyone laughed even Katara".

Later on we was setting up camp, Aang was doing the tent, Sokka the fire wood, Katara mixing some water and me just clearing any rubbish from the camp site, Toph was doing nothing I didn't mind her not doing anything but Katara did.

"So, Toph, usually when setting up camp we try to divide up the work" 

Toph didn't move but instead just layed back "hey, don't worry about me. I'm good to go" I walked up to Toph "well what Katara is trying to say is some of us might fetch water, while someone sets up the fire pit or put up the tent"

Momo came flying in with some nuts and dropped them into Kataras hand "Even momo does his fair share" I say.

"Cara, I'm fine. I can carry my own weight, I don't need a fire. I've already collected my own food and look my tent is all set up" she then put two big slabs of rock up above her making a tent shape.

Katara didn't like this one bit "well, that's great for you but we still need to finish-" Toph cut Katara off "I don't understand, whats the problem here?"

"Never mind" Katara began to walk away I 'looked' back at Toph before I did the same.

It wad now nearing night time and everyone was ready for bed I placed my sleeping bag near Tophs rock tent when I heard Katara saying she wanted to apologize

"Hey, Toph I wanted to apologize for earlie, I think we're all just a little tired and getting on each others nerves" I smiled, Katara never wants to have a bad relationship with anyone and I envy her for that.

"Yeah. You do seem pretty tired" oh no I can tell where this is gonna lead

"I ment all of us" Katara said aggressively but Toph ignored it

"Well, good night"

Katara just gave up "goodnight" and walked off.

We where all now fast asleep untill we where all woken up by Toph shouting " theres something coming towards us"

Toph immediately comes to me standing by my side "what is it?" I asked

"It feels like an avalanche but also not an avalanche"