Chapter Thirty Three

The two Avatars looked at each other "fire lord Ozai, where are you!?" Aang yelled as he dropped to the ground "we need to go tell the others, before the eclipse ends" Cara says as she placed her hand onto Aang's shoulder, he looked at her and nodded as they both rushed out of the Palace and flew back to were the invasion was taking place.

They landed next to their friends who was surprised and worried to see them "please tell me you're here because the fire lord turned out to be a big wimp and all it took was Cara to shout at him" Sokka said in one breath as he was kneeled down "nobody was there, the entire place was empty" Cara informed them and Sokka's eyes widened "they knew"

"it's over, the fire lord is probably long gone, far away on some remote island, where he'll be safe during the eclipse" Aang says in a sad tone looking down.

"no, my instincts tell me he wouldn't go too far" Sokka started getting the attention of the two Avatars "he would have a secret bunker, somewhere he could go, and be safe during a siege, but still close enough to lead his nation"

"if its an underground secret bunker we're looking for in just the girl to find it" Toph smiled pointing to herself happily, Cara smiled at her girlfriends happiness it could brighten anyone's day.

"The mechanist gave me this timing device it looks like we've got about ten minutes until the full eclipse, ten minutes to find the fire lord" Sokka informed everyone, Aang smiled "we can still do this, we can still win the day" he said happily but Katara had her concerns "if they knew we were coming it could all be a trap, maybe we should use the time we have left to make sure we all get out of here safely" Katara says looking towards her brother, but her father stood up holding his right side "everyone who's here today came prepared to risk everything for this mission, they know what's at stake, if there's still a chance and there's still hope, I think they would want the two of you to go for it" his inspiration speeches know no bounds.

Sokka then looked towards Cara and Aang "what do you two think?" he said looking then in the eyes "you both have to face the fire lord, whatever you two decide, I'm with you" the two Avatars then grabbed their gliders and stood looking at their friends "we've got to try"

The group nodded and got on Appa and flew towards the central city, that was inside a volcano, once they landed on the side they got off and Toph instantly found something "there are natural tunnels crisscrossing though the inside of the volcano" she says standing up.

"anything else, is there a structure somewhere?" Sokka asked as Toph dig her hands indie the rock "there's something big, dense, and made of metal deep in the heart of the volcano" Sokka then smiled rising his arms in the air "sounds like a secret bunker to me"

Toph then ripped a hole in the side of the mountain making an entrance for them, once they got inside they ran with Toph leading the way untill they got to a river of lava "theres no floor, its just a river of lava"

The two Avatars then got their gliders out, Sokka going on Aang's and Toph going on Caras, it was a little bumpy but they made it to the other side, they ran some more untill they came face to face with a giant metal dome, Toph then knocked on the door and smiled "not a problem" she then hit the metal many times untill it came apart making a hole, once they got in their ran untill they cornered a guy who out of fear, pointed them to the fire lords chamber, which was down the hall, up the stairs.

They followed those detections and came face to face with a another big door "this guy really loves giant metal doors" Cara commented before Aang blew the doors off its hinges, they ran in only to face to face with Azula "so, you're alive after all" She smirked "I had a hunch that you survived, but it doesn't matter, I've known about the invasion for months"

The children were shocked to see Azula but immediately put on a serious face "where is he?" Aang yelled "hm, you mean I'm not good enough for you? You're hurting my feelings"

"oh honey you're good enough, we just want your dear old dad at the moment" Cara smiled towards the princess who was taken back by Cara's words "please tell us where he is and maybe we could friends, I've always wanted a princess as a friend"

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline the friend request, for now" the Princess raised an eyebrow as Sokka groaned "tell us where the fire Lords is and quit wasting time?" he yelled

"and still to the truth, I'll be able to tell if you're lying" Toph said and the princess smiled as she sat back in the chair "are you sure? I'm a pretty good liar, I am a 400 foot tall purple platypus bear with pink horns and silver wings" she said monotony and Toph scrunched her face.

"okay, you're good, I admit it" Toph then trapped the princess in a full body of rock leaving her head exposed "but you really ought to consider telling the truth anyway" the Princess smiled once again as the rock began to crumble apart, she then dusted off her shoulders "when I left Ba Sing Se, I brought home some souvenirs" Two Dai Li agents dropped from to the ground and began fighting the four children.

They were ultimately defeated but Azula kept evading everyone's attacks "wait, shes just playing with us, she's not even trying to win this fight" Sokka said.

"not true, I'm giving it my all"

"come on, Princess we both know you're just waisting time so we can't get to your father and defeat him when he's powerless" Cara said in a fake nice tone.

"uh, right, that's what your friend basically said genius, and since your blind I should tell you I'm rolling my eyes" Azula says in baiting tone trying to get someone to attack.

"I'll roll your hole head! Nobody disrespects my Cara!" Toph yelled at Azula but was held back by Sokka "she's just baiting you again"

"oh, your protective over this half Avatar" Azula mumbled to herself with a smile "oh Cara I think I'll take you up on you're friendship offer now, maybe it will turn into something more" Azula said flirtatiously, Toph was ready to rip Azula's head off untill Cara grabbed her hand "come on, Toph she's not worth it right now" Toph simmered her anger down and turned around to find the fire lord.

"oh, Sokka by the way, my favourite prisoner used to mention you all the time, she was convinced that you were going to come and rescue her, of course you never came and she gave up on you" this was it for Sokka, some tears rolled down his face as he ran at Azula, who was going to stab him with a knife but Toph pinned her to a wall with some rock holding her left arm up.

Sokka held her by the neck "where is Suki?" he said darkly, she didn't answer, she only held a smug smile "answer me!"

Aang grabbed hold of of Sokka's shoulder "Sokka, she won't talk" he tried to calm him but it didn't work "where are you keeping her!?" Suddenly they heard a big bang and Azula smiled "oh, sounds like the fire bending is back on" she then ignited her foot and pushed Sokka away, allowing her to brake the rock cuffs and attack Aang and Cara, who dodged her "dad's all the way at the end of the hall and down a secret stairway in the left, I'm sure he'll be note then happy to see you now" she said and turned to run away but turned around again looking at Cara "for what it's worth, even though I tried to kill you, it does sound nice being friends, todaloo" she then turned around and began running again, leaving a shocked Cara.

Sokka groaned as he face palmed "I used up all our time" he balmed himself "its not your fault Sokka, Azula was ready for us, she had every move panned out" Toph said trying to make Sokka feel less guilty "and now it's too late" he put his down in shame.

"it not too late, the sun may be shining but me and Aang can still face the fire lord" Cara planted her glider as did Aang but Sokka shook his head "no, I don't think that's a good idea, we should head back to our friends, and try to escape while we still can" Cara and Aang put their heads down "you're right" is all they said before leaving the volcano.