Chapter Thirty Eight

(FYI bit of a boring chapter so I understand if you skip it)

The two Avatars woke up in a strange place that they didn't recognise "Cara?" Aang says confused as the girl woke up "Aang?" she says just as confused untill momo went onto her shoulder "momo?"

"where are we?" Anag asked as he looked round to see a jungle and the ocean "I don't recognise this place, but it's seems, spiritual" Cara says as the two began walking into the jungle "maybe we're in the spirit world?" Aang says but Cara shakes her head "we're not in the spirit world, I'd be able to see" Cara says as she went under a log following Anag who then pointed at the highest point on the island "maybe is we climb to the top of the island, we can figure out where we are" he suggested.

The two traveled to the top and was met with a hexagon shaped drawing "it's a hexagon" Aang stated as they bent down to feel it "it don't feel like any rock I've touched" Cara says as Aang tried to bend it "it's not made of earth, this is so strange" Aang sat on the ground clutching his head "I wish I had some help, I wish I had Roku-I do have Roku" he says as he began go meditate, Cara sat next to him as Roku appeared in front of the two "you're right, Aang all the past Avatars, all the experience and wisdom is available to you, if you look deep inside yourself" Roku says with a light smile as Aang nervously looked round "so, Rowho where are we?" Cara asked the man who looked round himself "I don't know, but I see Aang is lost in more ways then one right now" he stated and Aang closed his eyes tightly.

"I am, I need to figure out what to do once we face the fire lord" he says to the old Avatar "everyone expects us to take his life, but I don't want to do that" Aang says while lensing forward, his arms resting on his lap "even I don't want to kill anyone, it just doesn't feel right" Cara added in her view as well.

"in my life, I tried to be disciplined and show restraint, but it backfired when firelord Sozin took advantage of my restraint and mercy, if I had been more decisive, and acted sooner, I could of stopped Sozin and stops the war before it started, I offer you both this wisdom you must be decisive" Roku said before disappearing leaving Anag and Cara with more questions then answers.

The two decided to call on a different Avatar "Avatar kiyoshi, we need your wisdom" they said as Kiyoshi formed from the two in front of them " in my day Chin the Conqueror threatened to throw the world out of balance, I stopped him and the world enter the great era of peace" she explained.

"but you didn't really kill Chin, technically he fell to his own doom because he was too stubborn to get out of the way" Aang tried to explain how she didn't kill Chin but it was sort of an accident.

"personally, I don't really see the difference but are I assure you, I would have done whatever it took to stop chin, I offer you this wisdom, only justice will bring peace" Kiyoshi says before disappearing, again leaving the children with only one option to stop the fire lord.

"I knew we shouldn't of asked Kiyoshi" Aang said frustrated but got a light punch from Cara "don't knock her down, she offered you her experience and wisdom" she says as she crossed her arms, Aang just sighed as he thought to himself "we need to look deeper inside" he said and they both began to call deeper as another Avatar appears in front of them "I am Avatar Kuruk, when I was young, I was always here go the flow kind of Avatar people seemed to work out their own problems, and there was peace and good times in the world, but then, I lost the woman I loved to Koh, the face stealer it was my fault" he said looking down sadly, before looking back to the children.

" if I had been more attentive and more active, I could have saved her, you both must actively shake your own destiny, and the destiny of the world" the old Avatar disappeared after that as Aang got more frustrated "all these past Avatars, all they do is keep telling us that we have to kill the fire lord" he sighed in frustration, Cara then got an idea.

"why don't you ask an air nomad Avatar, they might know were your coming from" Cara suggested and Aang smiled "great idea" he said, the two called upon an air nomad Avatar, who appeared before them.

"I am Avatar Yangchen, young airbender" she says towards Aang "Avatar Yangchen, the monks always taught me the all-white is sacred, even the wife of the tiniest spider  caught in its own Web" Aang says and the old Avatar nodded "yes, all life if sacred" she stated.

"I know I'm even a vegetarian, I've always try to solve my problems by being quick or clever, and I've only had to use violence or necessary defence, and I certainly never used it to take a life" Anag explained and Cara added on that she's never killed before and doesn't really want to.

"young Avatars, I know you're both gentle spirits, and the months have taught you well, Aang but this isn't about  this is about the world"

" but the monks taught me that I have to detach myself from the world so spirit could be free" Aang explained.

" many great and Wise air nomads have detached themselves themselves and achieve spiritual enlightenment, but the Avatar can never do it, because you're soul duty is to the world here is my wisdom, selfless Duty calls you to sacrifice your own spiritual needs and do whatever it takes to protect the world" she says before disappearing.

"that's just great, even an air nomad Avatar can't help us" Cara says in frustration "it looks like we have no choice, we have to kill the fire lord"