Chapter Thirty Five

After helping Toph back to western airtemple helping her burned feet, combustion man attacked but was stopped by Sokka and his boomerang and a little bit of Zuko distracting him, he was welcomed onto the team, Cara did tell the others about how she might be able to manipulate fire, so she joined Aangs lesson but Zuko couldn't make any fire and he wondered why.

Anyway right now Aang and Zuko went on a little quest to the sun worriers, to see the original fire benders the dragons, leaving the others to do as they pleased, meaning for once in a long while, Cara and Toph could just chill till they got back.

They were currently laying on the stone floors of the airtemple "Cara?" Toph says quietly "yes my princess" Cara sweetly says back making Toph smile lightly "could you tell me about where your from, what it was like?" Toph asked and Cara snuggled closer to the earth bender "it was nice, the people was nice but a way overprotective of me" Cara started.

"they would keep me on a leach and only let me go somewhere if someone went with me, I tried to explain to them I would be fine, but since I was the niece of the a nobleman, they put extra care on me, and I hated it, so I ran away from the northern WaterTribe to Omashu" Cara sighed in frustration at the memories, Toph held Cara's hand as she leaned in closer "I know exactly what thats likes, I understand why you ran away, but what about of your family, your mom and dad"

"I never knew my dad, he died when I was young so it was me and my mom, but she was the sweetest woman you'd ever meet, she was kind and thoughtful, oh whenever she cooked anything she'd him this tune, it was the best thing ever" Cara smiled but then her mood damped "I miss her so much, I never really thought about her till now" tears began to come out of Cara's eyes, Toph softly kissed Cara's checks "you could visit her" Toph suggested

"you could go into the spirit world and see her, you are an Avatar after all" Toph explained and Cara took a deep intake of breath "she told me to visit her, but its being to long, what if she doesn't want to see me anymore?" Cara worried, Toph just squeeze her hand tighter and kissed her cheek again "she's your mom, she'll love to see you again after so long"

Cara then raised up, and twiddle her thumbs "would you mind if I went away for few hours?" Cara asked her girlfriend who smiled and hugged her "no not at all, just enjoy yourself" Toph says making Cara smile.

"I'll see you later, princess" She says getting up "see ya, sweetness"

Cara went to quiet place and sat down, she began meditating and soon, her spirit went to the spirit world as she opened her eyes, she saw all the colours and she held a happy smile.

"now to find mom" she says nervously as she started walking "I could help you" she looked to see someone walking up to her, more specifically Avatar Kiyoshi, Cara smiled as she looked up towards the 7 foot Avatar "really?" don't you have things to do? " Cara asked and Kiyoshi chuckled picking the small girl up and putting her on her shoulders.

"I've got all the time in the spirit world, and I want to help you" Kiyoshi smiled as she started walking "you're really tall, I feel powerful up here" Cara says looking down, Kiyoshi laughed again "yeah, being tall does give you a power complex luckily I had someone to bring me down a knot or two" Kiyoshi says remembering her girlfriend Rangi "anyway, being tall isn't all its cracked up to be, clothes cost more and I was always hungry" Kiyoshi explained, Cara always thought that being tall would be awesome but those problems made her like the hight she was now "Kiyoshi, can I ask you a question?" Cara asked.

"you already did" Kiyoshi chuckled slightly and Cara playfully rolled her eyes "do spirit mates come here? , because when I met Wan he sounded like his spirit mate wasn't here" Kiyoshi sighed as her mood was dimmed "they used to be, but because Seeta is trapped, anyone connected to her, are trapped with her" Kiyoshi explained and Cara sighed "so you've not your spirit mate since you got here?"

"yeah, but I know I'll see her again because you and Aang are gonna defeat the fire lord" Kiyoshi sounded like it was for definite the two children were gonna defeat the fire lord.

Before Cara could say anything else, Kiyoshi got the girl off her shoulders and put her down "you're mom's just through there" she smiled before walking away, Cara looked at the trees and saw a woman through it, she took a deep breath before nervously walking through the trees.

Once she was through, she saw a beautiful woman sitting by a lake, she looked a little like Cara but had long brown hair, Cara walked up to her nervously "H-hey Mom" Cara stuttered nervously, the woman turned towards Cara and gasped, tears started running from her eyes as she got up and hugged Cara, the two held a tight embrace "Cara honey its being so long" her mother then kneeled down to her hight and held her face, Cara held of her mother's hands, having missed the feeling of them "I'm sorry, mom" she sobbed out "I'm so sorry for leaving you"

Her mother smiled sadly as she kissed her four head "it's ok honey, I'm glad you've come to visit me" Cara then hugged her mother again, crying into her shoulder "I've missed you so much" Cara sobbed into her mothers shoulder, Cara's mother then gently patted Cara's back and began to hum.

The pleasant humming calmed Cara down as she parted from her mother "its nice to see you, honey but I'm afraid our time must be cut short" Cara looked at her mother, confused as she guided Cara to the lake.

"b-but I just got here?" Cara says confused as she looked at her mother "Your friends have just arrived at Ember Island, you've being here for about 3 days in their time" her mother explained and Cara went wide eyed "what?!" she gasped in surprise "time works differently here, you need to leave now, but please visit again, it was wonderful to see you again" her mother said hugging Cara one last time before a portal opened "goodbye mom" she said smiling at her mother, who smiled back and waved as her daughter went through the portal, back to the real world.

A/n I've finished the show now, all I've got to go is the epilogue and then this book is finally done, it nearly brings tears to my eyes 😢 only a few more chapters till then and I can't waist to post the sequel.