Chapter Eightteen

Aang had being out for a few weeks now, and the rest were getting worried, Cara and Toph were currently on the deck of a fire nation ship.

While Aang recovered, the group and some southern WaterTribe worriers acquired a ship to lay low, right now, they couldn't do anything because Aang isn't Battle ready.

"Hey, Water spout, what's got you down?" Toph asked as she walked up to Cara, the water bender laughed a little "I was just thinking, what if Aang doesn't wake up, without him, we have no chance of winning this war" she said sadly, Toph wrapped her arm around Cara and leaned on her shoulder "he will wake up, he's a strong kid, but don't tell him I said that" Toph said and Cara laughed "you got it, princess" Toph then playfully hit Cara in the arm "don't call me princess"

"you got it sassy pants" they both laughed a little as they heard someone fall "momo?"

Cara knew that voice, she didn't even have to turn round to know it was Aang, she ran up to him and pulled him in to a hug "Aang!" she shouted

Aang held a confused face "Cara?" he said and they both stopped hugging only for Aang to be hugged by Katara "Aang, you're awake" she said happily.

"are you sure? I feel like I'm dreaming" he then rubbed his eyes as he looked at all his friends, seeing them in fire nation armour and capes "your not dreaming, you're finally awake" Katara said and hugged him again.

Sokka then walked up to Aang and grabbed his hand "Aang, good to see you back with the living, buddy"

"Sokka?" Aang breathed out as he started to sway "someone catch him he's gonna-" Toph said but it was too late, Aang had fallen unconscious.

"is he ok?" Cara asked worry prominent in her voice "he's fine, he just couldn't take it all in" Katara said as she placed Aang's head on her knee, Sokka then grabbed a blanket and wrapped Aang up.

"I'll go make some tea" Cara said as she made her way to the ships kitchen, ever since Iroh's explanation about how tea shows balance with all 4 elements, she has being practicing her tea making skills.

She finished making Aang his tea and took it to him, when she emerged from bellow decks, she saw he was sitting upright with Katara in front of him "here Air head, I made you some tea" Cara said handing him the tea "thank you, Cara" he said and took it, Cara then walked away with Toph and Sokka while Katara explained to Aang about why they were on a fire nation ship.

"I told you he'd wake up, you worry to much" Toph said with a smirk as they walked to the front of the ship "I don't worry to much, I just care about my friends well being" Cara said back folding her arms and pouting "yeah, say what you want, you was worried but I get it" the earth bender said and held Cara's hand.

The two then smiled as they walked to their room, it was pretty late and they wanted some sleep "would it be ok if I be the small spoon tonight?" Cara asked timidly as she got changed into some more comfortable clothes.

"is something bothering you?" Toph asked as she sat on the bed "no, I just want to be small spoon, is that to much to ask, princess?" Cara asked sarcastically as she got on the bed, Toph then groaned as she layed down next to Cara, holding her being the big softie she truly is as they went to sleep.

The next morning, Sokka and his dad told Aang about the invasion plan over breakfast "without the earth Kings armies, it is impossible to mount a full scale invasion, but the solar eclipse will still leave the fire nation vulnerable" Sokka's dad explained to Aang.

"so instead were planning a smaller invasion, just a rag tag team of our friends and allies from around the earth Kingdom" Sokka said

"yeah, we already ran into Pipsqueak and the Duke" Cara said gesturing towards the two they waved and Aang waved back "best part is, the eclipse isn't our only advantage, we have a secret" Sokka said whispering the last part as he got closer to Aang "you" he said and Aang went confused "me?"

"yep the whole world thinks you're dead, isn't that great!" Sokka shouted raising his arms, Aang's eyes widened in panic "the world thinks I'm dead? How is that good news, its terrible" Aang exclaimed as he got up.

"no, it's great it means the fire nation won't hunt us anymore, even with Cara outed as an Avatar they won't try to find us because they think she's a coward since the main Avatar has died" Sokka said with an happy smile Cara lowed her head in shame, she hasn't being the same since Ba Sing Sa, she felt like she let Aang down. Sokka walked closer to Aang "and better then that, they won't be expecting either of you on the day of the Black Sun"

Aang held his arms out to stop Sokka walking closer to him "no, no, no, no, no this is so messed up" Aang said but before anyone could say anything a horn sounded, the group looked to see a fire nation ship coming towards them "me and Cara will handle this, the Avatars are back" Anag said extending his glider but was hit with sharp pains.

"Aang, wait they don't know we're not fire nation" Cara said gently placing her hand on Aang's arm, he sighed and put his glider away "everyone remain calm, you kids go under decks, we'll handle this"

Aang and the rest went under a hatch while Aang moaned about not being able to do anything "hopefully we won't need to do anything" Toph said as they ships stopped side by side with each other.

The two exchanged conversation but they were caught in a lie, it started a battle, the fire nation ship started sending flaming rocks towards the other ship, Toph, Cara and Katara ran out from the hatch and began fighting back, Toph launched boulders at the catapults while Cara air bended the shots away from the ship.

Katara separated the two ships, forcing the other ship away by creating a big wave "Cara, help me give us some cover!" Katara shouted and the two water benders created a big mist from the water, covering the two ships.

But because they were moving, the fog quickly vanished and the fire nation ship fired once again, hitting one of the engines, Cara air bended the fire away "how we doing?" Toph asked

"things couldn't get much worse" Sokka said but the sea serpent came out from the water "You moron, what have er told you about saying that!" Cara shouted as Sokka turned around "the universe just loves proving me wrong, doesn't it?" he said rhetorically but Toph insulted him anyway "you make it too easy!" she shouted.

The fire nation ship started to aim their shots at the monster, making it angry, as it wrapped itself around the ship, trapping it, allowing them to escape "thank you universe" Sokka said smiling, Cara hit his arm and he groaned in pain.