Chapter Twenty Four

The Gaang had stopped off to camp for the night after a long day of traveling, as they were setting up camp, a meteor shower started, getting their attention, well, three of them, the two that are blind just laid side by side each other, holding one another.

Instead of Toph cuddling up to Cara, it was the opposite, Toph was holding Cara close while the others just kept saying how beautiful the shooting stars were "wow, this is amazing to watch" Katara said in wonderment.

"kind of makes you realise how insignificant we are" Sokka added, the two blind girls just rolled their eyes "eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it 1000 times" Toph said as she leaned her head on Cara's head but their moment was interrupted by some woos and awws from the non blind people in their group "you've never not seen anything like this" Sokka said almost shocked as a meteor flew by them and crash landed into a field creating a big explosion.

The Gaang quickly got on Appa and flew over to the meteor and saw it had created a big fire that was spreading "the firebis gonna destroy that town" Katara said as they approached the crash sight "not if we can help it" Aang said as Appa landed the Sokka, Aang and Toph got off of Appa while Cara and Katara stayed on "there's a creek over there, me and Cara will bend the water on to the fire" Katara said and the two flew to creek.

They both started collecting water untill they couldn't collect anymore, they spredded it over the fire and the little they had left, was given to Anag, who created a wave of water, going from one intense temperature to another, caused snow to fall in the area.

"good work, everyone" Aang said smiling, Sokka just sighed as the group decided to go into the town for some food, when they found a place to eat it was light out and they were talking about the meteor.

"these people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night" Aang said as he sat at the table "yeah, the worst thing about being in disguise is that we don't get the hero worship anymore, I miss the love" Toph said sadly, Cara did a pouty face that Aang and Katara thought was cute "is my love not enough your worship" she said in a fake sad tone, Toph's eyes widened "no, I mean yes, I mean" Toph got cut off by Sokka "boo-hoo, poor heros" he said in a monotone voice.

"what's your problem?, you haven't even touched your smoked sea slug" Katara said holding up the plate the slug was on " it's just all you guys can do this awesome bending like putting out forest fires and flying around and making other stuff flying around, I can't fly around, ok? I can't do anything" he said with a sigh.

Cara thought for a moment that she could wind Toph up with her little sad act about not giving enough love to her "that's not true" Katara said.

"yeah, you can give enough love to people, which is something I don't do apparently" Cara said in a fakeish angry tone, Toph just shrunk in her seat, thinking she upset Cara "besides that, nobody can read a map like you" Katara said taking the convention away from a possibly fight between the two blind girls.

"yeah, me and Toph can't read at all, I tried to before but I just couldn't see the point" Cara joked trying to get a laugh out of Sokka but it didn't work "who's the one who keeps us laughing with sarcastic comments all the time, I mean look at Katara's hair, right? What's up with that?" he asked but Katara quickly grabbed her hair and held it close to her as she blushed in embarrassment "what's wrong with my hair?" she asked timidly as Aang tried to explain himself.

"look, I appreciate the effort, but the fact is each of you is so amazing and so special, and I'm..... Not" He said sadly as he leaned back placing both his hands on the ground for support "I'm just the guy in the group who's regular" Katara walked up to her brother and sat down next to him, while the other three were left at the table.