Chapter Thirty Four

It had being a day since their defeat on the day of black sun, they had barely escaped along with some other children, while the rest of the army got captured.

They decided to go to western airtemple to stay low and think of a new plan, but it turned out the old plan is the new plan, and right now they were chasing Aang while they were on Appa, but Aang kept changing the subject "Aang, can we talk about you learning firebending now?" Katara says to him but he completely ignores her "what? The wind is to loud in my ears, check out this loop" he proceeds to do a loop but this just angers Cara.

"if you don't stop right now I'm gonna take away your Appa privileges!" she yells but again Aang took no concern, he then landed "ok, you can do that but first I have to show you the giant pai sho table, oh your gonna love the all day echo chamber"

"I think that will have to wait" Toph says and points behind Appa, who moves to reveal Zuko who held a small smile "hello, Zuko here" he waved while the others just stood there in a fighting stance "hey, I heard you guys flying around down there, so I just thought I'd wait for you here" he said awkwardly as Appa approached him, sniffed him and lucked him, Zuko wiped the sky bison spit off his face "I know you must be surprised to see me here"

"not really, since you followed us all over the world" Sokka says making Zuko look to the side a little "right.... Well..... Uh.... Anyway, what I wanted to tell you about is that I've changed, and I, uh, I'm Good now, and well, I think I should join your group, oh and I can teach firebending... To you" he explained and everyone was surprised.

Cara smiled a little to herself, knowing that Iroh would be happy about Zuko's change "you want to what now?" Toph asked in a surprised tone " you can't possibly think that any others would trust you, can you? I mean, how stupid do you think we are?" Katara spat at him " yeah all you've done is Hunters down and try to capture Aang!"

"I've done some good things, I mean I could have stolen your bison in Ba Sing Sa but I set him free, that's something" Appa then licked Zuko again "come on guys, I know he's done some bad but people can change" Cara tried to get them to give Zuko a chance but they stared at her in shock "you really trust this guy, he almost killed you in the south Pole when he nearly drowned you!" Sokka yelled in disbelief "I didn't say I trust him, just give him a chance"

They disagreed with Cara who crossed her arms "I can understand why you wouldn't trust me and I know I've made some mistakes in the past" Zuko bowed his head in shame but Katara and Sokka names two times he did a bad deed "look, I admit I've done some awful things, I was wrong to try to capture you and I'm sorry that I attacked the water tribe, and I never should have sent that fire nation assassin after you, I'm gonna try to stop him"

All of their eyes widened at the information they just heard "you sent combustion man after us?" Sokka pointed his boomerang at Zuko "well, they'd not his name, but-" Zuko got cut off by Sokka "oh, sorry, I didn't mean to insult your friend"

"he not my friend!"

"that guy locked me and Katara in jail and tried to blow us all up" Toph pointed her finger at Zuko who once again bowed his head in shame, he then looked towards Aang noticing he hasn't said anything "why aren't you saying anything? You once said you thought we could be friends, you know I have good in me, your other half wants you to give me a chance, so please give me one"

Aang looked towards his friends three saying no but Cara wanting Aang to give Zuko a chance to prove he could be good but he chose to say no "there's no way we can trust you after everything you've done, we'll never let you join us"

Zuko's eyes widened in sadness and so did Cara's she wanted Zuko to be on their little team, to prove to Iroh that his nephew could and has changed "you need to get out of here, now"

"if you won't take me as a friend then maybe you'll accept me as a prisoner" he then got on his knees ready for his hands to be cuffed but Katara just hit him with some water making him fall over "if we ever see you again, well we better not see you again" she said with venom in her voice.

Cara decided she has had enough and went to help Zuko up "what are you doing?" Katara asked as Cara helped Zuko up "I'm helping someone whos so desperate to prove he's changed" Cara said coldly "if you all can't see he's trying to change then we've already lost the war" she said as she and Zuko walked away, the group calling Cara back but she just wanted to prove that Zuko could change and if it took her leaving for a few days then so be it.

Zuko took Cara to his male shift tent "why do you believe me, after everything I've done?" Zuko asked Cara sadly as he played with you grass "I believe you because I trust your uncle, he says there's good in you and I believe him"

Zuko looked down at the mention of his uncle "what's wrong?" Cara asked and Zuko sighed "I betrayed him and now he hates me" Zuko then layed on the grass looking at the sky "Iroh could never hate you, to be honest I don't think he can hate anyone"

"how could you know my uncle better then me" he said with some defense in his voice "I don't know him better then you, but I listen, hes the reason why you're not still under Ba Sing Sa, he came to us, to help rescue you, he cares about you so much, he could never hate you" Cara explained and Zuko smiled a little.

They talked untill they felt tired and went to sleep, but they heard someone coming and out of instinct Zuko sent a wave of fire out but Cara knew it was Toph and by instinct she tried to move the fire, it actually moved, surprising Cara but it ended up burning Toph's feet.

"you burned my feet" she yelled and Cara instantly went to her side, Zuko tried to help but Toph launched him away, Cara helped Toph back to the air temple, carrying her so her feet didn't have to touch the ground.

"are you ok, Toph?" Cara asked worriedly as the girl held onto the water benders neck "yeah, but my feet hurt" she says Cara then puts Toph down, she then gets some water from the air, placing it onto Toph's feet making it glow "ahhh, that's better" Toph hummed as the pain slowly went away "your really good at this, sweetness" Toph complimented her girlfriend who stopped as picked Toph up again "Katara will have to finish this, we need to get back to camp" Cara explained as Toph rested her head on Cara's shoulder as the waterbender walked back to their camp.