chapter eleven

Caras pov

Me and Toph where sitting on the ground, her head was on my shoulder and I was holding her hand.

Aang was clinging to Appa because he missed him most out of all of us, Sokka came walking up to us "look, we escaped from the Dai LI, we got Appa back, I'm telling you, we should go to the earth king now and tell him our plan, we're on a roll" Sokka then crossed his arms and did a smug smile.

I raised my eyebrow "one good hour does bot mean we're on a roll, can't you remember the trouble we've had in the time we've being here?"

"We can build on it" Sokka then placed his hands on his hips "if we want to invade the fire nation when the eclipse happens, we need the earth king's support"

"what makes you think we'll get it?" Toph moved her head off my shoulder and continued talking "I don't know if you've noticed, but things don't usually go that smoothly for our little gang" after she stopped talking she instantly put her head back on my shoulder.

"I know, but I've got a good feeling about this, this time will be different" Sokka said optimistically but Katara shot him down "Sokka, Long Feng is in control of the city, his conspiracy with the Dai Li is too powerful, I think we should just keep flying and leave this horrible place behind"

"Me too I don't like this place, its terrible" I said and Toph agreed with me "I'm with sweetness, I've seen enough of Ba Sing Sa, and I can't even see!" I blushed a little with Toph calling me sweetness.

Aang came towards us "But now we have Appa back, there's nothing stopping us from telling the earth king the truth, about the conspiracy and the war"

"See, Aang's with me" Sokka said

"Aang I'm sorry to say this but Appa doesn't make us invincible and the Dai Li are too powerful, there an army while we're just 5 people and a flying bison" I said sadly.

Toph noticed and went deepened her head in my neck and held my hand tighter, "but telling the earth king is the whole reason we came here in the first place, we have to try" Sokka pleaded

"Well I guess if the earth king knew the truth, things could change"  Katara said

I got up "no, why can't we just leave, if we go to the earth king the Dai Li will capture us and lock us away forever" I pleaded

Sokka came close to me and placed his hand in my shoulder "Cara come on, if that happens you can say I told you so and be mad at me forever"

I thought about it and I know we need the earth kings help "fine, we can try to tell him the truth"

"I don't trust the new positive Sokka" Toph said getting up "Long Feng brainwashed you didn't he?" I laughed a little.

Suddenly Aang ran to the side of the cliff on the water far out there was 3 boats "thats probably the Dai Li searching for us, so?"

Sokka looked at Katara "lets fly"

We all ran to Appa and got on his back, I hated flying without a saddle Toph did to, we couldn't hold each other for comfort on the flight "we are definitely getting a new saddle!" I shouted "riding bear back is terrifying!" Toph shouted, while still holding onto Appa using my pinky I grabbed hold of Tophs pinky to calm her down.

"There it is, that whole thing is the palace, the earth kings chamber should be in the center" Sokka said

"We have to be careful" Katara said

"I know that stupid Long Feng will of told the earth king we're coming"

"Why would you assume that? If you ask me, I think we're just gonna sail right in" he just had to jinx it.