chapter twenty nine

chapter twenty nine, business dealings

"YOU'RE DADDY'S COMING home tonight. Isn't that right Charlie?" She said, playing with the boy's hands. Isaiah smiled as he messed with the teddy in front of the small boy. Three months had passed and for most of the time, the two had spent their time in Tommy's home with the small boy in hopes to distract him from the disappearance of his father.

The boy giggled as he tried to reach for the teddy in Isaiah's hand just as his nanny walked in. "Miss, Sir. It's Charles' bath time now." She then said, the two looking at each other before Kegan carried the boy towards the nanny.

After the woman left she sat down beside him leaning her head on his shoulder. "You wanna get a nap before he comes home?" Isaiah asked, looking down to the girl as he placed an arm around her, running his hands through her hair as she leaned in further to him.

She merely nodded but didn't move as he realised a while later that she had already fallen asleep.

A few hours had passed and Tommy Shelby made his way through the door, seeing the two sleeping young adults passed out on his sofa together, tightly knit. He moved on towards the bedroom of his son where he held him close and fell asleep along with him, then only to wake up to see the two lovers making breakfast together in the kitchen, they seemed to be failing miserably although.

A FEW DAYS HAD PASSED AS she sat in the same living room of Thomas Shelby's home but Isaiah was gone back in Small Heath. She'd left him in her house at the call of Tommy telling her to come. He had been sat outside when she arrived but since it was no emergency, she picked up a book and began reading.

"Well Hello." A voice said making the girl nearly jump out of her skin at the interruption. A man stood there, one she had never seen before. "Your brother around?" His voice was heavy with an accent she'd never heard before as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Alfie Solomons." He continued, making his way towards her as she stood up, he raised his hand as she moved slowly to shake it.

"Kegan Shelby, although you already seem to know that." She replied, "He's outside and should be here soon." She answered, sitting herself down again as the man nodded. She then turned her head as he walked around the room, her calculating eyes watching him. "So you're the one from Camden Town?" She then asked as he picked up a glass ash tray, looking at it.

"That's me." He replied, setting it down and leaning against the table it sat upon. "And you're the little sister who wants a part in the business."

"Honey, I am the business." She mocked, setting her book down to turn and look directly at him. Footsteps were heard then as Mary, Thomas' maid muttered to herself quickly seeming to be looking for the man. "Mary." She then called out, "He's in here." She watched as the woman came scurrying in, seeming to be flustered.

"Oh, okay. Would you like any tea or biscuits before your meeting?" She then asked, looking to the man. "Mr. Shelby will be here in a few minutes." She continued.