chapter two

chapter two, shelby shops

THE SHOP WAS ALIVE as the five shelby's and one Isaiah walked in

THE SHOP WAS ALIVE as the five shelby's and one Isaiah walked in. Men were shouting, pointing at the boards that Kegan couldn't care to look at. John told them to sit down somewhere and not too move, but the three teenagers,being teenagers, got up off their seats to look around and/or help.

"You know when Polly's back, Scudboat?" Kegan asked as she came up to his table where he was filling in papers. The man shook his head, not looking up from his writing.

"You're some help." She muttered underneath her breath, plopping down beside Isaiah and Finn.

"What time is it?" Finn asked, not looking at the two beside him.

"Time to pick up the Tokyo that's what." Isaiah  smirked, elbowing the smirking boy. Kegan gave the two a weirded out look but said nothing about it, she knew Arthur did it sometimes and if he should be allowed, so should Finn.

The thing was, she didn't realise just how bad it was and this would definitely be a downfall for each one of them kids.

"Where the fuck are you getting tokyo from?" Kegan asked, turning her head to watch Isaiah who's grin didn't fall even with the snappiness of the girl beside him.

"I have my sources." He answered, nudging Finn in the side yet again as the two boys laughed.

"Isn't that bad for you?" She wondered aloud, looking over to Finn whom just smirked lopsidedly.

"You starting to care for me, Shelby?"

"You wish, dickstain."

"Just fuck already." Finn interrupted, making his sister and best friend roll their eyes at him. "We all know it's going to happen soon enough."

"All being who, Finn?" Kegan spoke, her eyes narrowing at the boy, she hated when the boys at school would taunt her about Isaiah and herself.

They all seemed to think the only reason the two fought were because of the sexual attraction to eachother, like yes. Isaiah was a good looking boy, especially for the age of him but they always seemed to butt heads on something.

"You don't need murder on your hands, Keg." Finn laughed in reply, before being called in to John's office.

Leaving Isaiah and Kegan together,

They looked at eachother before letting out an annoyed groan and passing by, leaving in the opposite direction.

Kegan moved over to Arthur's desk and pulled out the drawer where he usually hid his sweets and thankfully, Kegan found the ones she liked in a small bowl hidden at the back.

She sat down on his desk chair and popped in a sweet, watching as men walked past, busting around the shop.

"Off the seat, Kegs." Arthur said walking into his office, a hard expression on his face.

"I only just got here though..." She trailed off, glaring at the back of Isaiah's head as he walked past the office's window.

"Are those my sweets?" He asked from the drawers on the other side of the room where he was going through files beyond files.

"What sweets?" She asked innocently, getting up from the seat to sit on his desk. "Is everything ok Arthur? I'm starting to get worried."

"What? Why?"

"I'm not eating any sweets." She replied, but the grin on her lips as he turned around and the wide opened drawer where he kept his best treats made him believe she was lying.

"You're a pipsqueak." He laughed before sitting down on his desk and flattening the page he had taken out from the cupboard.

"A pipsquak? Where did that come from?" Another loud laugh filled the room as she played with the sweet she had just taken from the pile.

"Why are you even here? Aren't you supposed to be with Esme back home?"

"I'm not a housewife yet brother."

"WHY ARE THESE KIDS HERE?" Polly muttered as she took a drag of the cigarette he was smoking, her eyes scanning over Kegan, who was sitting on a desk flirting with one of the new workers, Isaiah who was watching the two with an odd look on his face and Finn who was picking at his fingernails with his other fingers.

"Fuckin' John brought them." Arthur groaned, "And Kegan's off stealing me sweets every three seconds."

"Are you still going on about them sweets Arthur?" Kegan asked from the edge of the desk, a small laugh before looking back towards the boy who came face to face with the girls breasts, his eyes glued to them as he tried to talk.

"Get off that bloody desk, Kegan." Polly then said, taking the girls elbow and pulling her off only for her to sit back on it and give the boy a teasing smile and a roll of her eyes. "Kegan!"

"Fine, fine, fine!" She then called out, before looking to the boy and sending him a quick wink before leaving again to sit by Finn who was now sitting bored waiting by one of the chairs by the wall. "Where's our lord and saviour Jesus gone then."

"He got up and left in a huff, he'll be back in a bit." Finn replied, taking out a cigarette and lighting it, Kegan looking on with an odd look.

"Who gave you them?" She asked, looking to him as he smirked.

"That boy from the corner shop, what do you call him again?" Finn asked, looking towards her with a questioning glance.

"Oh yeah Dean? yeah Dean's nice." She answered, folding her arms with a sigh as she watched everyone move about. "Pass one over then."

"I only have a few!" He replied, looking at her with an odd look to him. When she only replied with her hand sitting out for him to set one he finally caved, lighting it for her then, the two sitting in a comfortable silence as the rest of the shop began to get busier and busier, Arthur leaving in a rush before calling not to take his sweets.

"Get that stupid cigar out of your mouths use two twats." Polly groaned walking past, before Kegan stood up following after her.

"D'you know who did it?" She asked, leaning against the wall as she took a drag of the cigarette. "Blew up the Garrison that is."

"There's no need for you to be worrying about that." She replied making Kegan now groan in return, "When Tommy lets you in, I'll let you in."

"Tommy does this, Tommy does that. When am I ever gonna be allowed in? Even Finns in!"

"And whos the older sibling?"

"Yeah but still it ain't fair that i'm stuck sitting on a desk and he gets to take phone calls!" She replied in frustration, shaking her head. "At least let me do something, anything."

"Right, wash the floors when we all go home, thanks love." Polly said before about to walk out of the room.

"Polly!"

"Kegan, when Tommy lets you into the business, I will let you into the business."

"Right then see yous when your all gone!" She joked, a serious face on her as she waved sarcastically, given a stern look by Polly making her lower her hand slowly, "Sorry, Pol."