chapter eighteen

chapter eighteen, toasts and reunions

"TO THE BRIDE." Tommy toasted, everyone joining him in standing up to toast Grace. "And now, due to traditions, my best man will say a few words." Cheers sounded out from the room, cheering on the eldest Shelby brother.

"Right, um... I'm not one for speeches." Arthur began, John interrupting him by shouting for him to sing. "I will later, John." He smiled, "But uh, I do, uh... I do I have some words written down here." Kegan sighed in adoration at her brother's nerves, wanting to give him a hug right away. "On this piece of paper. This doesn't include everything I want to say." He said, "but uh, first a few words from the heart." He then continued, after being interrupted by Tommy whispering something to him. "This man here, my brother Tommy. Helped me survive through some of the worst times." Tommy then coughed loudly, Michael piping up.

"It's a wedding Arthur, tell a joke." Michael then said, Kegan leaning over Romeo to hit him on his arm.

"Yeah, tell a joke." John piped in, Kegan began to slouch at the boy's not being able to handle Arthur wanting to show his love for Tommy in a speech, frowning as she watched Arthur stumble across his words.

"What I'm trying to say, is that...My-my brother, and the love of a good woman. Pulled me through that time. Now Tommy also has the love of a good woman. Her name's Grace. and even though the circumstances of their union was tragic..."

He was quickly interrupted by Tommy who then stood up, "All right Arthur. Lets uh... Arthur let's raise a toast, eh? To uh, to love, peace and to marriage." Arthur walked out a few moments later, Kegan about to get him before seeing Linda leave quickly after him, smiling at the woman who smiled lightly back at her.

"Kegan?" A voice spoke, making the girl turn around once again, seeing the person beside Isaiah move to be seen. "It's Deli."

Kegan's mouth opened, wanting the hole to suck her up at that moment. "You're joking." She said, watching the girl stand up and move closer to hug her.

"No! Me and Isaiah we're hanging out one evening and he asked me and I realised you'd be here too! It's been so long!" The girl grinned, smiling brightly at her best friend who was in shock.

"Oh, that's amazing. How've you been?" She asked, smiling towards the girl.

"Awh, I've been great! How's Paris been?" Deli asked, looking at her intently.

"Oh yeah, It's been great. This is Romeo actually, we met in Paris." She replied.

"Oh my God, that's the cutest ever. The city of love and all!"

The two started laughing at this, looking at each other with the look the two always gave when mistaken for a couple.

"Oh yeah, we're absolutely in love." He grinned, kissing Kegan on the cheek who laughed at his mad antics.