chapter forty three

chapter forty three, more meetings for kegan

THE SMALL FAMILY of three had travelled into Small Heath early that morning, off to see Jerimiah Jesus

THE SMALL FAMILY of three had travelled into Small Heath early that morning, off to see Jerimiah Jesus. Isaiah had been called in anyways for some work for guarding the meeting with the Billy Boys that afternoon. After spending time with the boy's father, they'd set out to their original home in the city.

Finn and Polly had been there when they arrived to the house, Isaiah staying a while before leaving around ten to two for the job. Finn lay on the floor along with Florence, who was heard giggling happily by the two woman sipping tea in the kitchen.

"So, what do you think of Gina?" Polly asked as she raised the mug to her lips. Kegan took a while to respond, a face of concentration on her face.

"I'm not sure, I'd need to spend more time. Time I don't really want to spare with her." She answered. "And you?"

"Don't know. Whispering into Michael's ear every minute is my first impression." She merely replied. Kegan nodding as she spoke.

"You thought Linda was awful when she first came." Kegan snorted, "I can't imagine what you think of an American." Polly laughed in response.

"I heard you finally got a nanny that would stay overnight." Polly then spoke.

Kegan nodded, "Yeah, she's staying in the room beside Josephine, the housemaid."

"Do you trust her?"

"Yeah Romeo's wife, Effy told me about her." She answered, taking out a cigarette before lighting it up. "Finn would make a good dad." She observed as she heard Flo's laughs from the living room.

"Hm, I've always thought that." Polly remarked, nodding her head. "Just needs to find a girl who likes him." She snorted, Kegan hit her playfully although her face was full of amusement.

"I heard that Pol!" Finn's voice called out from the other room making the two woman laugh even more. "I gotta go though, but I'll see you both later." The boy then said, walking into the room with Florence in his arms. She was set into Kegan's then as he hugged the two goodbye before leaving.

Around a half hour later, Isaiah was back in the home. Finished with the business Tommy had set him thankfully. Polly left soon after so it was just the three in the small home. "How'd it go?" Kegan asked after setting Florence down for a nap in her own old bedroom

"Didn't hear much, but didn't have to shoot anyone." He joked, although Kegan frowned at his words.

"I hate that." She murmured.

"It's work." He retorted, "It's how we get money, just like everyone else."

"Not everyone has to put their life on their line for work." She breathed.

"Kegan. Tommy's got everything under control. I'm not going to die, you're not going to die and Florence is not going to die."

"We said the same thing before John and Bonnie died." She replied, holding her knees to her chest as he faltered, looking up to her across from the sofa he sat on.