chapter forty one

chapter forty one, mr mosley

SHE SAT LEANED OVER the small bannister beside Ada who was sitting straight as a needle as she listened to the words of Tommy as he spoke in the halls of Westminster

SHE SAT LEANED OVER the small bannister beside Ada who was sitting straight as a needle as she listened to the words of Tommy as he spoke in the halls of Westminster. They were there to meet with an Oswald Mosely that Tommy had met just a few weeks prior to talk business. "That man there." She whispered ever so quietly to Ada. "That's Oswald I'm guessing."

"He's fairly doing some staring at you." Ada whispered back, the girl smirking to her before looking back to the man and staring right back at him. She flicked her eyes towards Tommy then as he began talking about the highest leaving age possible being raised to fifteen, which even Kegan thought quite low due to still continuing school along with a few of her friends and Isaiah at the age of eighteen.

Ada soon leaned over the bannister too as her eyes watched who they guessed to be Mr. Mosely, watching as he muttered something inaudible under his breath after Tommy spoke.

"Mr Shelby." She could only make out from his lips, about a half hour later once they had finished up and met once again. The sisters were correct in their guessing of Mr Mosley and had gotten the rather handsome moustached man correct in their personifying. "I must say you sing like a songbird in the House. And who is this pretty finch?" He asked, looking towards Kegan as his eyes moved up and down before raising his eyes and hand out, a smirk on her face.

"Kegan, was Shelby but now Jesus." She drawled, shaking his hand as he only grinned in response.

"And another sister, I presume Mr. Shelby?" He asked, looking towards Ada.

"Yup, my sister." Tommy replied.

"Who's pregnant." Ada sighed.

"And dangerous." Kegan muttered as she sat down also, the closest seat being next to the Mosely man.

"Oh, we adore dangerous." Oswald replied.

"Then you'll love them." Tommy noted.

"Who's we?" Ada asked.

"It's a collective noun. In this case, describing a group of people who are impatient and young and as I have said, adore dangerous." At his last words, his eyes flicked over to Kegan once again, his eyes following down to her crossed leg that exposed a bit of skin from the skirt. She fought the urge to roll her eyes. "Mr Shelby, you had a horse of that name."

"Whiskey, Irish." Thomas called out to a waiter making his way past who then stopped when called.

"Give him one from my bottle." Mr Mosley said, looking to the waiter before back at Tommy. "And one for myself, in fact bring the whole bottle. And the ladies?"

"I'll take the same." Kegan merely replied, leaning back into the chair.

"Isn't thirsty." Ada answered, "How'd you know about the horse?"