chapter twenty one

chapter twenty one, business meetings

ROMEO AND KEGAN HAD sat beside each other in the living room of Tommy and Grace's

ROMEO AND KEGAN HAD sat beside each other in the living room of Tommy and Grace's. On Kegan's lap sat Charlie who was clapping his hands together happily. The boy was quite joyful as he sat there, a large grin on his face.

"So..." Romeo started, looking up from his book to look at the girl sitting on the sofa across from him. "I may or may not have bought a place near Small Heath." The boy started, a small smile on his face as Kegan's eyes widened just the slightest. "Well, you know. I love Paris and all but Birmingham is just so different and I feel like I truly fit in here and everything is just so inspiring."

"Are we sure we're talking about the same city?" She teased, before setting Charlie down and moving to hug the boy, "It's perfect." She replied, grinning. "Where about is it?" She then asked, quirking an eyebrow to the boy.

"It's beside the market place, it's just an apartment until I decide if I'm going to stay permanently." He replied, "But talking about the market place, I have a date soon." The boy said then standing up and setting his book down on the coffee table. Kegan's eyes widened as she stood up also, grabbing Charlie who was still clapping his hands.

"Date?" She asked, following after the boy up the grand stairway and into his bedroom, "With who?!" She called out, looking from Charlie to Romeo who was currently spraying some kind of bottle on him.

"Just with someone I met.." The boy said, with an embarrassed tone. He could never talk about his romantic feelings for being one that was so romantic in his writing. "At the wedding."

"Oh! One of Esme's friends?" She asked excitedly sitting down with Charlie on the guest bedroom Romeo had been staying in. "Or one of Grace's?" She then cringed, giving him a look.

"Esme's cousin." He replied, looking in the mirror as he fixed his jacket. "Should I change this?" He then asked, looking behind him to look at the girl.

"Oh! Esme's! Which one? Lilliana ? Kezia? Effy?" She said excitedly. "Keep it, I like that one."

"It's uh Effy." He replied, smiling lightly as he thought of the girl he had met the night of the wedding.

"Yes! I love Effy." She grinned, smiling to herself at her best friends happiness. "Right! Go! Now, right now!" She then said, standing up and pushing the boy out with Charlie in her arms still. "Is the driver bringing you to town?" She then asked, looking to the boy as they walked out of the bedroom. He nodded, seeming to grow more nervous as the time passed.

"She's going to love you." She then said, stopping as she smiled towards the boy. She straightened out his shirt with her two hands before grinning at him. "Have fun!" She then smiled, looking towards the boy as he gave her an appreciative smile before walking out of the entrance towards the car awaiting him outside.