chapter eight

chapter eight, garrison re-opening

THE GARRISON HAD BEEN refurbished, redone, re-everything to be quite honest

THE GARRISON HAD BEEN refurbished, redone, re-everything to be quite honest. Finally, opening night had rounded the corner and Kegan stood in Polly's room. A suitcase of jewels, makeup and two dresses sat inside it along with the endless makeup appliers laying across the floor.

Kegan sat in front of the full length mirror, fixing her hair in the loose up-do she had done, releasing a few hairs to frame her face. Her makeup was done, fixed up by Polly and altogether mostly done by her aunt.

She picked out some pearl earrings and a pearl necklace to match, placing them perfectly onto her. The dress, Polly had bought from some big designer as a present to Kegan as she still felt immense pain at the thought of the girl getting beat to a pulp because of Tommy's decisions.

The dress was made of a light material, the cream colour matched with a pair of cream heels she had from a while ago. "Gorgeous." Polly said, standing by the bed as she looked at her niece in front of her. "Look just like your mother."

"Really?" Kegan smiled, looking at herself in the mirror.

"Spitting image." Polly replied, "Now come, I've got another surprise." She said, taking the girls hand and pulling her down the stairs and into the kitchen where a large box was set. "Well, it's from Tommy actually, so it's his surprise but open it up."

She untied the red ribbon quickly, looking at the designer name with a sparkle in her eyes, she quickly opened it up and found a large brown fur coat sitting inside it. "Oh my God." She whispered, holding it up in front of her.

"Try it on." Polly egged, smiling at the gift. She quickly put the coat on, feeling a warmth surround her. "Perfect, just as I expected." Polly grinned at the sight. She really did suit the jacket, seeming as if it had been made for the girl. "Let's get going then so you can thank that brother of yours."

SHE MADE HER WAY THROUGH THE doors along with Polly, their mouths opening at the new look of the Garrison. "Looks brilliant, doesn't it." Kegan spoke, looking around the room. "There's Tommy. I'll be back in a bit." She said, moving off towards the suited boy who stood with a cigarette in his mouth.

"How do I look?" She asked, giving a small twirl before giving a mock curtsy.

"Like a queen." He answered, she reached in for a hug as he kissed the side of her cheek before getting another look of the coat. "I did pick well didn't I?"

"Thank you, Tommy. I love it." She grinned, looking to Harry to where she asked for a drink to which surprisingly Tommy didn't stop her and tell her water was her only drink of the night. She watched as Arthur arrived shouting, seeming to be in a much better mood than the days before.

"Have fun." Tommy nodded, moving off to Arthur to get him to quiet down. She watched as Finn made his way into the room, making his way towards Isaiah who sat in between three girls who were all leaning over him. The sight made Kegan roll her eyes, about to turn away before someone stepped into her sight.