chapter twenty

chapter twenty, bar brawls

SHE SAT DOWN BY THE KITCHEN that morning, late enough for the maids and cooks bustling around, cleaning up yet early enough for any of the overnight staying guests to be awake, that was until Deli had walked into the kitchen with her makeup and ha...

SHE SAT DOWN BY THE KITCHEN that morning, late enough for the maids and cooks bustling around, cleaning up yet early enough for any of the overnight staying guests to be awake, that was until Deli had walked into the kitchen with her makeup and hair still messy. She had on the dress she had from last night seeing as her staying over was a last minute addition.

"Morning." Deli grinned, sitting down. "I'm leaving soon, just waiting for Isaiah to wake up and bring me home." She smiled lightly, rubbing the top of her head.

"Oh yeah, so you and Isaiah?" Kegan asked lightly, smiling at the pretty woman, who just laughed in response.

"I mean, we were together for a while but then we broke up, but we're still friends since we all travel in the same groups, and then he asked me to the wedding and well..." The girl blushed as Kegan felt the weight on her shoulders gain even more kilograms to it. "I know you don't really like him, I mean the two of you have been fighting since we were kids." Deli laughed. "You's practically hate each other."

"Oh, we don't hate each other." Kegan replied quietly, but Deli was too busy at being handed a bowl of cereal by one of the maids to answer.

"I'm surprised your down here, I thought you were too posh for down here by now." Deli said, turning to look at her once friend again. Kegan laughed awkwardly in response, slightly smiling at the girl.

The two had parted ways, Kegan grabbing another bottle of alcohol to try and ease her headache that she had grown most likely due to the drinking from last night. It grew later in the morning, and she was sat upon the couch, leaning into the back of it with her head facing the chandelier up above.

Polly had walked in at one moment, seeing the girl in her red silk nightdress and matching gown, rolling her eyes at the outfit. "We're going back to Small Heath, are you coming."

"Shhh! Polly shoosh." She quickly said, her voice hoarse, putting a finger to her lips as she closed her eyes at the headache that still ached at her brain.

"I'm guessing that's a no." Polly said, before turning out the light and closing the door behind her, before being interrupted once again.

"No! I'll come, I'm going to the Garrison."

"Well then hurry up and get dressed decently." The woman said, shaking her head before turning the light back on. Kegan trudged up, setting the empty bottle of alcohol on the coffee table before moving past Polly and out the door. She made her way up the large staircase, seeing a figure walk towards her before she walked past them not wanting to talk to anyone in case she got another head ache.

Isaiah looked up the stairs as she passed him, not even moving to talk to him. He watched as her figure disappeared, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion before moving towards the living room where he found Deli sitting reading a book, "Ready?"