chapter nineteen

chapter nineteen, happy memories

"YOU FUCKIN' IDIOT JOHN." She laughed, holding his face in her hands as she looked at his bruises. The boy merely grinned at her. "At least you won." She replied as they walked back into the house, away from the bonfire and fighting in the woods. They decided the best way to clear the air with the Calvary was make the Calvary feel like shit by loosing to the Birmingham ones they had just looked down on moments prior.

"Awh, what did ye' expect." John laughed, fixing his shirt as he kissed Esme on the cheek who was staring at him with wide eyes.

"I fuckin' love your family." Romeo said, hugging the girl from behind and turning her around. "Fucking love them."

"Look you're even talking like them now." She grinned, hugging the boy.

"No I'm serious. Why'd you never tell me they were this cool before." He said, his cheeks warm from the excitement.

She laughed in response, before being pulled away once again by Grace who had asked her if she known where Tommy had went. She responded with a 'No' before telling her where that she looked gorgeous even more than you usually did.

Grace thanked the younger girl before leaving to find Tommy once again. "Kegan! Come do shots with us, Romeo you too!" A voice called, the two turning to see Deli standing beside Isaiah who was holding a shot glass in his hand already.

Romeo threw an arm around Kegan as they moved towards the two. "Here, take these." Deli said, handing over two shot glasses before they all counted down, the shot glasses slimming down to barely any. "God I can't wait for sleep." Deli laughed, spinning around before landing in Isaiah's arms, Kegan watched the way the two grinned at each other then as Deli started dancing.

It seemed the girl was quite drunk already, compared to the other three. "Wait Romeo! Dance with me! Isaiah and I were watching you and Kegan's dance yesterday and you need to teach me that cool dance trick you both did!" The girl squealed, taking the boys hands and pulling him towards the dance floor.

"You look nice." Isaiah said after a moment of silence between the two.

"Thanks," She smiled , nodding her head awkwardly, "So you and Deli, bet no one expected that." She laughed lightly, taking a drink from her glass as she cringed inwardly at her words.

"Oh, we're not- we're not together like that." He responded just as awkwardly. "You and some rich boy though? Think we all saw that." He teased, a light wave of rememberance of the two's always teasing relationship before floating through her memories.

"Really?" She laughed, "Oh wait me and Romeo? Yeah we're not together either." She replied, although the look he gave her showed he didn't believe one word that left her lips. "I swear!" She laughed.

"Did you see the photo in the entrance hall?" Isaiah suddenly asked, looking up from his glass with a passionate look on his face that made Kegan almost stop right there.

"I don't think so, no." She answered, confusion lacing her words.

"Follow me." He suddenly said, making his way out of the room where Kegan trailed after him and out to the entrance hall where it was much more quiet, only the slow jazz and quiet chatter playing from the other rooms  hint of anyone else being in the house. He stopped then in front a bunch of photos, pointing towards a photo of Finn, Kegan and Isaiah together around the age her and Isaiah were sixteen and Finn fourteen.

Kegan seemed to be pushing Isaiah's arm off her shoulder with a sour look on her face, Isaiah was grinning as if he had just won the biggest victory of his life. "Oh God." She laughed, looking to him with a hand muffling her laughs. "I absolutely hated you."

"Really?" He deadpanned, the girl hitting him lightly with her shoulder, all awkwardness from before seeming to melt away. "Oh God, look at Finn's hair." Isaiah said, pointing out he lifted the photo then, Kegan moving closer to see it.

"Why did Polly ever let that boy go out like that." She cringed, giggling once again. "I can't even say anything, look at the shape of me." She then laughed, her eyes squinting as she looked at herself amusedly.

When there was no reply, she looked up towards the boy who's eyes were already set on her. A beat passed as nothing was said to to one another.

"You were beautiful then, and if not even more now." He then said, looking down at her lips slowly before looking back up at her once again.

"Watch out Isaiah, I might just beat you up again." She whispered softly, seeming to have gotten breathless just by the close proximity of the two. It was then, did Isaiah lean forwards to kiss the girl he had regretted ever letting leave.

It was a small kiss, yet felt so much as she opened her eyes a moment later, watching as the boy stared at her with those brown eyes.

It was then did the two lean in again once more, this time the passion and want was in full mode, all the feelings going unsaid for two years returning quickly after between the two. His hands found her waist as they backed up, looking for somewhere to hide and finally seeing a corridor that was empty.

She felt a light push back into the wall, before closing her eyes at the connection of the lips once again. "I missed you." He said, between kisses.

"I missed you too," She replied, "So much."

The boys hand rested on her neck as she felt the other on her waist, tightening every so often as the kiss deepened as one of her hands found the way to the back of his hair, gripping onto him lightly to keep steady from the fire the two erupted as their lips met time after time and time again. They pulled away then, her eyes closed still as if to relish in the feeling of their lips meeting gave to the butterflies she held.

"What the fuck are you doin' out here?" A voice called, "Get back in with the fun!" Johnny dogs called out, "Oi, Kegan you've left poor french boy alone."

The two looked at each other with small smiles as they looked at the drunk man's rambles. Following the man back into the party.

"NIGHT, ROMEO." She smiled lazily, waving to the boy who's glasses had gone missing during the night and making his way back to his bedroom sloppily.

"Night, love." He replied, grinning as he waved goodbye before closing his door.

Kegan laughed at the boy before slowly closing her door and taking off her makeup, unpinning her hair and taking off her clothes into her silk nightdress. She brushed her hair out then, before finally climbing into the bed with the thought of Isaiah Jesus' smile in her brain, just like a lovestruck teen with a new crush.

She was awoken at one point in the night, she couldn't tell what time, but moved to her door where she opened quietly, still seeing light coming from downstairs so decided it musn't be too late in the afternoon. What she didn't want to see though, what she wished she hadn't seen,

Was Isaiah Shelby running out of the room next to her, shirtless with only his trousers and shoes on him.

Right out of the guest bedroom reserved for Delilah Cook.

merry christmas!!