chapter thirty nine

chapter thirty nine, a wedding for all

DAYS BLED INTO MONTHS and months bled into years since the engagement of Kegan Shelby and Isaiah Jesus

DAYS BLED INTO MONTHS and months bled into years since the engagement of Kegan Shelby and Isaiah Jesus. A large estate home had been bought with the money the two had saved up over the years together. Vast gardens, an endless hall of bedrooms and decorated to perfection by the two. The night they had bought it, the two hadn't even slept as they messed about all night, glad for the servants and cooks not arriving until the next day.

It had been two years since and the two lay on the grass outside looking up to the stars. They saved up even more as they awaited for the perfect wedding. Kegan stood in between the group of women stood around her.

"You look like a Hollywood actress." Polly teased, taking a smoke of her cigarette as she looked to the young women beside her, who merely laughed in response.

"She does, doesn't she?" Lizzie laughed, fixing the girls hair over her shoulder. It was done in tight curls from the night before that were magically perfected by Lizzie who turned out to be a Goddess when it came to hair.

Her dress was one with small lace straps that covered a bit of her shoulders, the white lace and satin dress was a tight fit one, but had enough room for her to dance in later on in the night also. Her makeup was light in comparison to her red lips and light black eyeliner that Polly had pampered her in.

Linda sat back and watched the group pamper the bride to be, ever the one with the cheerful words of wisdom. Soon enough, she was ready as her excitement clawed at her stomach for the day ahead. She'd been awaken by the group of women at the crack of dawn, pulling her out of the empty bed she usually slept with Isaiah with. He'd been thrown in with Finn, Bonnie and a group of their close friends after spending the night out together for his stag doe.

"God, I'm so nervous." She whispered, although it was heard by a good few of them.

"Don't be, I'd be more nervous if one of the boys brought in a prostitute for him last night." Polly merely replied, Lizzie hitting her chest in response with a roll of her eyes.

"He wouldn't, he's already got the best in bed in of all of Birmingham." She teased, Polly giving her a challenging look before showcasing herself with a dramatic flare of her hands. "Fine, second best." She laughed, Polly nodding her head with a proud grin.

"You know it, love." She answered, taking another smoke of her cigarette before turning and looking out the window. "I don't think you'll be needing a coat with this weather." She spoke, looking out to the garden below.

"Fuck, It's better than I thought it would be." Lizzie gaped, moving to the window also. The sun was shining into the large bedroom and the sky was fully clear, the temperature bound to be warm.

"I'll be ripping off my dress by the end of it." Linda replied, looking out. Her and Lizzie were dressed in the same dark green colours, the satin material the same although the dresses looked the same, they all had something different about them, the straps, shape of chest were altered to make the bridesmaids look their absolute best. Polly wore a dark red colour, the maid of honour title reserved for the aunt of the bride.