Chapter 26

Courtney

The man came up behind me and grabbed me while I was sitting on that bench. I felt a hard object pressed on my back. He threw me into the trunk of his car and I noticed something was already in there. I didn't see it at first but I could feel it on my back, it was all over my back. My brain was telling me to just not even think about it because I didn't want to see whatever it was.

I knew that this little obsession started from my hair but now it seems like it transpired to me. This guy wanted me dead, for what reason, I have no clue. The only thing I do know is that I have to escape, getaway, or do something. I can't just give up.

"Please, leave me alone," I begged the man as he walked me to his car. I had no clue what his name was and I didn't care to find out. Instead of talking he just slapped me again, telling me to shut up. I grabbed at my face, feeling it sting. Without warning, he slung open the trunk and I was thrust in. Having no clue of what was even happening. The sound of the door opening and closing then the engine starting caught me off guard. Where was he taking me? It wasn't a long journey, or that's what it felt like.

When he took me out of the trunk I accidentally saw what was behind me, and I wish I had just listened to my gut and kept my eyes closed. Seeing one person dead was enough for me. Now I have that man's face embedded in my brain. The sticky liquid that was behind me was what I thought it was, his blood. I was hoping all this was some sick twisted nightmare. But it wasn't. The man who was stalking me wasn't going to leave me alone. Unfortunately, my phone was smashed by him after the phone call.

He seemed to love that he had won as he slapped me again and again.

 "See Courtney, I told you I would get you. Where were those little lap dogs last night? How about your little boyfriend? Did he get cozy with my redheaded friend?" He laughed at me as I now clicked everything together. He set Niall up, that's why that bitch just smirked at me. She was in on everything and knew what was going to happen. 

"Why won't you leave me alone? Kill me now. Get it over with, if you're just going to sit there and procrastinate. Why wait?" I sneered at him as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Then that would take away from the fun I want to have before I have to take you back to your friends. Think about how sad they will be when their precious friend is found dead in the woods." He was twisting the knife in his hands while he talked.

My heart stopped after hearing that. I didn't even want to think about being found dead by one of the guys. I knew they all were worried since I had called them but I knew that it was my only hope of a rescue from them since my phone was now smashed. 

"I think we're ready to start now, don't you?" A wicked smile peered over his face as he brought over some rope and tape. I began to move backward as he approached me, trying to delay the inevitable. He laughed at my failed attempt to get away and grabbed me forcefully by the arm. He pulled both my wrists together and wound the duct tape around them, he did the same to my ankles.  I was uncomfortable; I was still in the same outfit I wore last night, and to say the least, it wasn't comfortable after wearing it for hours. My feet were aching and I wish the boys were here. After tying up my wrist and ankles he sat me in a chair and then tied the rope around my waist so I was secure and wouldn't move.

"Does it feel comfortable?" He asked me in a fake-as-hell, kind voice. I didn't answer him but I did get a nice punch to the face. That pissed me off. He asked me the question again and I muttered an answer. I guess he didn't like that answer either because I got a nice cut on my arm from his knife. I tried keeping my screams in but they left my mouth before I could stop them. The man laughed at my outburst.