Chapter 18

Courtney

I awoke the morning with a start; my IPhone was beside me and turned on loud as 'Love Drunk' by Boys Like Girls started blasting out of nowhere. I looked at the screen and seen I had a couple new messages from an unknown number.

"Blow Him One Last Kiss Darling, You'll Be Mine Soon Enough!"

"Come On Babe, Come To Me."

"I Want What I Want."

Probably just a wrong number I thought to myself. For some reason, I used to always receive wrong number texts when I was back home. Must just be people messing up phone numbers. Maybe they did just get a wrong number. I deemed the messages to be for someone else and decided to go back to sleep. I guess I'm like Zayn, I love my sleep. 

Though going back to sleep didn't last long as my phone rang again in my hand right before I set it back in it's spot on my dresser. Another message displaying.

"I Can See You, Courtney."  

Okay, maybe they meant to send it to me because that's pretty fucking creepy. Probably somebody just messing with me. A fan that probably got my number some way and decided to fuck with me. I was frozen with fear, though, when I heard the knock on my door and that familiar Irish accent.

"Courtney love, are you awake yet? Breakfast is done."

"Y-yeah, I'll be down in a bit after I shower."  I said two tones higher than usually.  I need to calm my nerves, if not Niall will know something is off.  And I really didn't want to worry him with anything right now. I guess he wasn't thinking my tone was off because he took my answer as everything being okay.

"Okay, see you soon love." He said as I heard his footsteps walk away and then get to the steps before they disappeared.  I quickly got out of bed, grabbed some clothes out of my wardrobe and went to the bathroom.

 A hot shower is definitely what I needed, I turned on the shower and peeled off my clothes. I let the water heat up a little before I hopped into the warm cascade of water.  I washed the familiar coconut shampoo and conditioner out of my hair and let the water fall over me.  Why is this happening to me? I thought to myself. Everything was going perfect in my life. I had the best boyfriend, some great friends, now someone wants to be creepy and send me weird messages.

I wasn't in the shower long. I was way too hungry to spend much time in here and I knew I f I didn't hurry Niall would have everything eaten, I thought while I put on a black bra and matching underwear, with a black tank top,  and some pink sweatpants. I grabbed my phone and stuck it into my bra, noticing that the sweatpants didn't have any pockets.  As I opened the door to revel my bedroom something didn't feel right. Something was different but I went ahead and walked to my bedroom door to go down stairs. It wasn't until I took a final glance around the room that I noticed what was wrong. My balcony door was cracked open and I knew it was closed before because it was raining this morning. 

What in the hell? I started to go and shut it but was cut short when my closet door opened and a man in all black took a step out.

A scream ripped through my mouth as the feeling in my gut told me this wasn't a prank orchestrated by the boys. Almost instinctively, my legs bolted out of the room. I reached a couple of feet away from the top of the stairs when I was grabbed from behind by a pair of arms. 

"That was a bad move, doll face." He whispered into my ear.  His voice sounding oddly familiar. It was then that I heard the Niall scream my name. "COURTNEY!" as I heard a pounding of footsteps come running to the top of the stairs. When all five faces of the guys rounded the corner and saw the man behind me, they froze. I didn't know if he had a gun or a knife but he whispered in my ear again.