Chapter 3

Courtney

The whole day Thursday went by in a blur. Most of the day consisted of planning for graduation, getting exam results, graduation practice, and making room for my brothers and their families.  The only time I got time to stop and think was at dinner, but it wasn't as restful as I hoped it would be. Both of my brothers flew to Ireland for my graduation. I haven't seen them since they both left to go back home after they graduated.

"So Courtney, are you ready for tomorrow? It's going to be one of the best days of your life!" My sister-in-law Sierra was telling me.  She knew about Niall being my best friend although I had never told her I was starting to fall for him. I didn't want to tell her in case she might mention it to my brother Sam. Then the jokes would be endless and I didn't want to hear the picking jokes they would make.  

I wasn't very interested in eating. I was way too nervous, knowing that I was officially going to be done with high school tomorrow and I didn't know how I felt about it.   

"Hello Court. Are you in there?"  She said waving her hands in front of my face. I felt embarrassed; everyone was sitting there watching me stare off into space.

"Oh sorry, my mind has been wandering all day today. But anyway what were you saying?" I said in a rush, trying to get it all out in one breath. 

"While you were off in dreamland, I was asking if you're ready for tomorrow.  It's going to change your life!" she said matter of fact.  

Was I ready for my life to change? I loved being with my mom and little brother, without them, I wouldn't have anything else. But would that honestly change? I don't have any plans of leaving them anytime soon.

"Well darling, just know that your dad would be proud of you, unlike your brothers who took forever to graduate high school," Mom said giving me her motherly smile and then turning to playfully glare at my older brother.

I've been missing my dad lately, being with the rest of my family brings the stories back to the forefront of my mind. Quickly, I pushed them back, not wanting to think about it with my family surrounding me.

"Yeah, I know." I didn't feel like talking now. I had too much on my mind and too many memories kept me from actually enjoying family time.

"Hey, I'm going to bed. I know it's early but I'm not feeling well." I didn't wait for an answer I was already up from my seat and heading for the stairs before I heard them say their "Okay".

I went to my bathroom took a quick shower and did my normal bedtime routine. Only this time I didn't fall fast asleep. I tossed and turned all night. Nothing seemed comfortable, and when I would almost fall into a peaceful sleep, Josh's snores matched with one of my nephew's yelling seemed to pull me back. It was about one thirty when I finally drifted off into dreamless sleep.

Niall

We arrived at our hotel at around eleven thirty last night.  We couldn't go to my house because of the surprise; Courtney's house was right across the street.

After settling all our stuff into our rooms we all decided that we should get to bed so we could be awake early enough for graduation.

I awoke to the four lads jumping all over the bed, mostly on me though!

"I'm up, you can quit jumping on me!" They all stopped but didn't leave the room. "So we have everything planned, all we need to do now is shower and then get dressed, so we can leave for Courtney's graduation!"  Liam said before sitting down on the edge of my bed, while the lads did the same.