Chapter 8

Courtney

My mother got out of the car and helped me out and into the wheelchair that the hospital let us use until I was better, and pushed me over to the front porch only to be stopped by Niall and Liam.  We have a problem. I have steps. This was going to be difficult since there were about five of them before you reached the door.

"Guys I think you might have to help my mom on this one. There's no way she is going to be able to get me up these steps."  I asked the two boys who were looking back and forth from one another, but quickly agreed.

"How about I pick you up and then Liam you can grab her wheelchair?" Niall said as he was giving me a grin from ear to ear.  What's up with him?

After Niall almost dropped me twice while walking up the steps and me having to smack him, we finally reached the door.

Niall quickly sat me back down in the wheelchair and wheeled me in the door, only to be scared out of my mind.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled at the same time I entered the door. I flipped out again hitting Niall in the gut trying to turn around in my wheelchair. I instantly felt bad because he grabbed his stomach and fell to his knees.  "OW!" Was the only thing I heard! But then it turned funny. I tried suppressing a laugh but it didn't work.  That boy didn't learn the first time. 

Niall was getting up when I noticed everyone standing in my kitchen watching me. I was mentally seeing faces. The boys, Sam and Sierra, Jerry and his wife Brittany and their three kids, then there was my little brother. I missed these faces. It made my heart swell to know that they truly cared.  And then it was over as all the boys headed into the game room to play on the X-Box 360, Wii, or PlayStation 3, which left the girls in the kitchen with my nephews and niece! Really guys? But I couldn't complain because I was finally home with my family and friends.

 *A Week Later*

Courtney

"Niall, can you do me a favor?" I asked. I just got the boot put on my leg and I was kind of afraid to walk on it. Even though the doctors already cleared me to walk in the boot, I was still nervous about walking.  So I mostly had my mom or Niall do or get me whatever I needed.

"Yes?" He said putting a smile on his face. He's been helping me so much since we got back. I'm surprised he is still staying with me and not thinking that I'm using him as my slave.

 We both were sitting on the couch just like old times. I was laying my head in his lap as we both watched Abduction. I must say it's a pretty good movie and having Niall here to keep me company only made it better.

 After the 'Homecoming party,' Josh went to stay with my brother Jerry for a while back in West Virginia. Damn, he's so lucky.  Since school is basically out for the summer for him. So it's me and my mom until he gets back, which will be in the middle of September.

"Can you get me something to drink? And this time not drink it before you give it to me?" He chuckled but reluctantly got off the couch and went into the kitchen.  I heard quite a lot of noise while he was in there. Way too much just for a can of soda.

As to be suspected he came back into the living room with a big bag of chips and two cans of soda. "Here you go, my lady." He said in his cute Irish accent, as he handed me the pop. Dang, I thought he was at least going to give me a bag of chips.  No such luck though. Which gave me an idea.

"You know you can invite them, hooligans that are the rest of your friends over as long as they promise not to break anything in my house while they are here," I said looking up at him. He laughed at my little joke, but he pulled his phone out to message one of them that it was okay to come over. Truthfully I missed those boys, even if they were always at my house.