Chapter 36

*At The Hospital*

-Niall

Josh walked through the doors and was looking down to the floor. He walked over to me and the rest of the gang.

“She’s awake now, and I told her I would get you.” He looked up at me with pained eyes.

I felt a pain in my heart; he’s like my little brother. He’s sixteen and shouldn’t have to worry about his mom’s death because it shouldn’t happen now.

“I’ll go back and see her.” I told him while standing up. My mom did too.

“Please don’t let her bottle herself up. She’s knows what happened and isn’t talking now. Please help me get her back to normal. I can’t lose her again.” He was crying now. My mom pulled him into her arms and calmed him down.  She thought of him as her child too.

When he stopped crying Paul and the girl’s took him home. He’s been here since the accident and has barely slept at all.

I walked back to Courtney’s room with my mom beside me.

Courtney was sitting on a bed with a few stair tears running down her blank face.  I rushed over towards her and gave her a tight hug.

“I’m sorry princess.” I whispered into her ear.

She pulled back and looked at me like I was a zombie.

“No she can’t be gone, what am I supposed to do?” She yelled at me with a strained voice. I stayed quiet because I knew this would happen. The tears never stopped falling from her eyes. She stopped yelling all at once and whispered something I almost didn’t hear.

“If I hadn’t left over summer then maybe she would still be here.”   

No she’s going to blame this on herself and what she did over summer.

I pulled her into another hug.

“Courtney, this wasn’t you fault. You and I both know that, this had nothing to do with what we did over summer. Now it’s okay to grieve but please don’t bottle yourself up like you did before. You’re a strong girl and seeing you in pain literally kills me. I love you, your brothers love you, the lads and their girlfriends love you, and want to help you get through this.” I whispered into her ear.

I rocked her gently and kept whispering in her ear about how it would be okay until a nurse and her doctor came in and told her she could leave. My mom and I left her to change in piece. When we walked out to the waiting room all the boys started throwing questions my way.

“No she’s not okay; she’s blaming everything on what she did over summer.” I told them they looked around at each other.

“We’ll help her get through this right?” Harry asked. I looked at him and nodded my head.

“I’m not going to let her start bottling everything up again. She has to get through this.” I told him honestly.

  A few minutes later Courtney came out. She looked around the room and her eyes widened. She frantically swept her eyes across the room. When she didn’t find what she was looking for she grabbed a piece of paper and went to the receptionist and grabbed her pen.

She wrote something on the paper before showing us.

Where’s Josh?” It asked.

“He went home he’s been here ever since the accident and hasn’t gotten any sleep.” I answered. She nodded her head and wrote something again.  I had a feeling she wouldn’t be talking any time soon.