Chapter 4

First of all, adorable, happy Niall is my favorite. That GIF though. 

Niall 

"Niall, they have to take Courtney to the hospital.  The car came out of nowhere. She's not responding to the paramedics, and they don't know what's wrong." Her voice started cracking. I felt my eyes start stinging, tears threatening to fall, what was she not telling me?

Was Courtney okay? She wasn't telling me anything.

Liam spoke first. "Niall what happened." I couldn't, it was all too much. "Tell us what's wrong." I shook my head. Tears were falling from my eyes like a waterfall. My voice was hoarse but I managed to get the words out.

"Courtney," I took a shaky breath before trying to continue. "Accident. We need to go to the hospital. Now."

Louis, who isn't one for driving the speed limit, stepped on the gas.

"Louis I know I said we need to get there now. But I meant it as we need to get there in one piece!"

"Sorry, I'll be careful and slow it down just a little bit." I just nodded; I couldn't do very much more. I started picturing images of the accident and what was happening to her. Then the thought hit me what if she dies? I quickly pushed that thought from my mind. I felt horrible enough, no sense in making it worse with something like that.

Nothing was making sense. It was her graduation day, this should be one of the best days of her life.

Why did it have to be her?

My head was full of thoughts as we ran into the hospital. I looked around the big waiting room hoping to see someone. My search felt hopeless until I spotted Sierra and Michelle. The lads and I quickly ran to them. Michelle wasn't doing too well. She looked as bad as I felt. I didn't know what to do so I hugged her and tried telling her everything would be okay. Even though no one particularly knew what was going on.  I let go of her and walked over to Sierra.

"Please explain to me what happened as best as you can." I was shaking so badly I thought that I might fall. Thankfully she took my hand and led me to two seats, as she began I couldn't believe a word she said.

"We were stopped at this stop light, when we pulled up it was green, so my mother-in-law pulled out first and drove away, and then it was Courtney's turn. I don't know if the guy didn't look or thought his light was green but she pulled out and the next thing I knew a black minivan was racing towards her. I guess she didn't see him because she didn't try to move. The minivan collided with her driver's side door causing her car to dent in. The police believe that he may have been driving impaired. We won't know fully until they meet back with us."

I couldn't believe a word she had said. All of us were standing there trying to make sense of the situation.

She continued "I found her phone lying on the road. I picked it up; I was surprised that it worked after everything happened. First I called the emergency squad, by that time her mom was back in my car, she was in bad shape. That's when I remembered you guys. So I looked through her phone and found your number." She gave me a weak smile. Why would she smile? I looked at her like she was crazy but she continued.

"While I was on the phone with you they got her out of the car, and she was messed up bad. Cuts and blood were covering her arms from the glass. I remember the paramedics saying that she had broken her right arm and maybe her right leg, too. They said she could have internal bleeding because of how the seat belt had tightened around her.  When we first got here they took her straight into the back for an MRI,  and they haven't come back out to update us yet. So now we are just waiting for the results."  

It had probably been about a half hour when I noticed Harry was over next to Sierra, talking with her. She reminded me of Courtney in so many ways. It was no wonder that they got on so well.

I was so tired of waiting for the update that it made me sick. I think I went to the bathroom about four different times just to calm my stomach.

The last time I walked back into the waiting room, nothing changed. Harry was still talking with Sierra, and the other lads were comforting Courtney's mom. They may not have known Courtney much but they still had grown to know her from the many stories I would tell.  As I sat down in an empty chair, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I had a few missed calls from a few random numbers and one from my mom. I have been in Ireland for about two days and I didn't even call my mom.

This day was beginning to take its toll on me. I got up out of my seat with my phone in hand. I called my mom and told her everything that happened today, she was being considerate about me not coming home sooner. She told me to spend as much time there as I needed, and just come home soon. By the time I was done, I was crying all over again.

I walked back to the lads, Harry had finally rejoined them.

"Hey, Sierra and Courtney's mom need to talk to you. They said it was really important. That it couldn't wait." Zayn said. What could be so important, the doctor hasn't come out yet.

"Niall, sweetheart." Courtney's mom started. "I need to tell you something important. I don't know what's going to happen after tonight, but you should know this. I don't think I should tell you because I know how Courtney gets when I talk about it, but I'm the only one who knows, the only one she has told.." Don't get me wrong I loved Courtney's mom. She was such an amazing and strong person, but she always tried to beat around the bush. She finally got to the point. "Niall I think I should tell you that Courtney is....."

Mrs. Larson looked up and saw the doctor walking to us. The doctor looked at us and shook his head. She stopped mid-sentence and tried not to start crying again. I hope there will be some good news out of all this!

word count - 1255

There ya go, guy. Sorry for all the cliffhangers. :l need to keep you guys interested though! Let me know how you like it. and a big thanks for the help Sierra and for the tweets on Twitter!) :) 

 Later Loves Xx (And If You Were Wondering The Reason Why Sierra Smiled Is Because She Figured Out Courtney's SECRET about a certain guy.

~2014~ was I just extra emotional when I wrote this because I sensed a lot of crying? Sigh, so carrotty

~2019~ No crying, just a lot of cringing and covering my eyes. ugh, wish this was better.

~2023~ it's crazy to me now that Sierra is no longer in my life, and Sam passed away a few weeks ago. What I would give to have that 2012 time again. Also took out a good portion of what I didn't think would be missed.