Chapter 13

Courtney

"So is there anyone that you are currently crushing on?" He grinned, shooting his gaze to Niall.

What kind of question is that Harry? Was he trying to break my fragile heart? I knew Niall didn't have feelings for me so why would I want to know who he had feelings for?

I quickly put my clothes back on, got up, and went to the bathroom. I know it looked suspicious but I couldn't help it. If he said someone else's name I would have broken down right there, even though once I got back to my bathroom I let the tears fall as I sat down on the cold tile floor. It wasn't but a second later there was a knock on the door. 

"Courtney?" Thank goodness it was only Liam. I don't know if I wanted to talk to any of the other guys.

"Yeah?" My voice was hoarse and you could tell I was crying. He opened my bedroom door and made his way to the bathroom door. "May I come in?" He asked. For my answer I got up and unlocked the door then I made my way back onto the floor.

"What's wrong, love?" He said as he pulled me into a hug and then released me. It wasn't awkward but I didn't know if I could tell him or not. Can I trust him with my secret or would he tell?

"Nothing, I guess I am just homesick." He looked at me and I knew he was lying. I sighed.

"I know that's not it. Whatever it is you can tell. I can keep a secret." Maybe I can tell him.

"Okay, if I tell you, you can't say one word. Not to anyone!  It's my problem that I have to confess at some time." He looked at me and nodded. Before I told him I got up and made sure none of the other boys were outside my door trying to listen. Thankfully they were all still downstairs.

"Liam, what I am about to tell you is something I have only told three people, and out of those three one found out by using my phone. That's why I never let anyone use it." I took a deep breath as he nodded.

"Liam I think, well actually I know I am in love with my best friend." I looked at the floor waiting for him to start laughing. He never did though.

"Courtney, I promise I won't say anything except for what I'm about to tell you. Tell him. Don't miss your chance and let it slip by you. I'll tell the rest that you aren't ready for the rest of the game." Liam said while giving me one last hug, kissed my forehead, and then walked back down to the living area.

I didn't know what time it was but it was dark outside. I quickly got under the white duvet and let my mind wander. What did he mean by don't let it slip by me? Does he know I was talking about Niall? Wait, of course, he knew it was Niall, he is my best friend.

But what does he mean to tell him? I have no clue all I know is I am currently wide awake and in bed. I couldn't get comfortable at all. So I leaned over to my desk and grabbed my laptop. It didn't take long for the screen to load, so I quickly opened the internet window and went to Twitter. The last time I checked my Twitter I had maybe four hundred followers but now I have over a thousand. Being the nice girl I am I followed some of them.  As I went back to the main screen I decided I hadn't tweeted in forever and maybe I should let friends know what's been going on.

"@ThisIsCourtney45: Happy Now! In London For A Couple Of Months! Can't Wait To Experience This Fine Place! Xx: D."

I knew that the fans would find out sometime I lived with One Direction. But hell, I didn't know they would figure it out the same day. I also knew that moving in with them would always give me hate, and I had prepared myself for it but once I realized they were calling me names, it hurt me a lot. Some of these so-called fans were vicious.