Chapter 14

- Courtney

It's been about a week since I got my cast off and I have never felt better. Throughout the week the boys have had a lot of interviews for their new December tour, and I've barely got to see any of them all week. Which I guess would be a good thing since I have a 'surprise' that none of them except Liam knows about.

It's currently two in the afternoon and I'm in the living room folding the rest of my clothes that just came out of the drier.  Taking a couple of shirts and sweatpants from each of the boys. I liked how they all had comfy clothes, and none of them cared about the little theft.

Speaking of them, they were supposed to be home any minute now. 

"Hey Courtney, what are you doing?" Louis sang in his best girl voice while he walked up the stairs. It made me laugh but I was quickly interrupted by a hug from Zayn and Niall.

I jerked a bit as I remembered my side wasn't in a condition to be touched much. Once away from them, I sat down on the couch beside Liam. The laundry had been forgotten about, for now. He was staring at me with knowing eyes. He leaned in closer to me and whispered in my ear.

"When are you going to tell them?  If you don't soon and they find out you've been keeping it a secret they'll be upset that they weren't with you." Thanks for that, Liam. I didn't want any of them upset or mad at me.

"I'm going to wait a while to tell them. Besides it was my choice and my money. I know they will be upset but if they love me then they will just leave it. Oh, and I'm sorry if they get mad at you for knowing but not saying anything!" I hope they won't be mad at him, but I made him a pinkie promise not to tell anyone. 

"Okay, but you will tell them soon right?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll tell them one day soon." And with that, he left it. I know I can trust Liam with anything. He's kept the Niall secret so far, which I pray he won't ever tell. After talking to Liam I got my butt back up and finished folding my laundry; taking the basket and heading up to my room. I quickly put all my clothes into the wardrobe and drawers then took the basket back into the laundry room.

When I walked back to my room a blonde-haired boy was sitting on my bed. He was staring off into space. He hadn't realized I was there until I sat beside him on my bed. He looked over at me and then turned back to the wall.  When his eyes went back to the wall he started talking.

"Courtney, how come you've never told me you could sing before?" This question brought me up short; since he found out he never really asked me anything about it. As I pondered my answer he turned his gaze back to me.

"I never told you because I didn't want attention on it. I felt like this was one thing I wanted to keep a secret because it was the last thing I had left of my dad." I felt the tears prickling the edge of my eyes. He looked like he was going to say something but I finished.

"I always wanted a normal life. My dad could sing, that's where I got it from. He meant everything to me and before I knew it he was gone." I said softly, wiping away the tears. "I never thought of that before. I'm sorry." He spoke, looking at me sadly. I sat down on the bed beside him, giving him a side hug. "It's okay Niall. But I do have one question."

"What's that?" I smiled at him, hoping that he would be okay with my request. I figured I might as well show him a bit more of my voice.

"Can you go get your guitar? I want you to hear me sing again." He gave me a wide grin before leaving without a word and heading to his room. Within minutes he was back with his guitar in hand. "Thanks," I told him while taking the guitar from him. Once he sat back down I started singing Bleed by Hot Chelle Rae. It is one of my favorite songs and it has so much meaning to it.