Chapter 27

Niall

I felt nothing but pain seeing her pale, and blood covering her. I didn't know if she was dead, And I prayed harder than I ever had that she wasn't. Once the police shot him and he tumbled over the hill. I raced to the edge of the woods and waited for the others to catch up. I looked at the two bodies at the bottom of the hill and knew one of the two was dead. 

 I heard the boys saying something around me but felt as if they were a hundred miles away. I looked at each one of them. Louis probably had the most tears in his eyes other than me. He was holding onto Harry as they both tried to comfort each other.

Zayn was right beside me. He looked truly in pain, I heard him say that Courtney was his sister. She may not be blood but she was damn sure his sister.  Liam was on my other side but I didn't know he was holding onto me. I couldn't even feel his hands; that's how numb I felt.

"The ambulance is on its way. I don't know if either of the two made it." Stanley said as he went and checked on their pulse. He felt the man's first, declaring that there wasn't, but when it came to Courtney, he couldn't tell.

"No, she can't be dead," I whispered. I heard the others move to me and finally felt their warm embrace. I think I would have been on the ground if it wasn't for them.

We stayed like that until the ambulance arrived. They made us move so they could get down to them.  It took them no time to get the rope and duct tape off of Courtney but never said anything about whether she was breathing or not. There were two ambulances the first one immediately took the man away. They officially pronounced him dead a few minutes after retrieving him out of the ditch. Courtney on the other hand was rushed into the back of the other one, saying that they found a faint pulse. She was alive, so far.

When they rushed her by me, that's when I got a good look at her features.  Her face was bruised badly and I noticed that she still had her clothes on from last night. Blood was covering every inch of her body but I couldn't tell if it was hers or not.

They shut the door to her ambulance and it left. I just stared after it until it was completely gone. After two minutes of just staring off into the distance, I was being dragged by one of the lads to the Range Rover.

The whole car was silent except for Liam's phone call to the girls telling them what happened. From what I could hear they were crying but were going to meet us at the hospital.  Once he was off the phone he turned to me with his teary brown eyes. They held so much emotion that it was almost impossible to even look him in the eyes at the moment. It hurt to know this was my entire fault.  I still have no clue what happened at the club and I didn't want to ask anyone either.

When we got to the hospital everyone raced inside and met the girls at the front desk.  They were trying to find out what room she was in but the woman wouldn't tell us since she had just got there.

"I'm sorry you all but I can't give you that kind of information yet as they are still evaluating her. You all can take a seat in the waiting room and wait until the doctor comes out." She sounded so sincere when she told us this but I just wanted to shake her until she told us.

So we wait.

Courtney

Where is this place? It's nice here.