Chapter 10

Courtney

"Ms. Larson, we all wanted to ask you if it was alright if maybe Courtney came to London with us for the summer months?" She took a sip of her coffee and got up. I waited for my mom to answer the question Niall just asked. She didn't look mad at it, instead, she went into a deep thought. I don't know how long we sat there waiting for her response. Every second of silence from her became more and more agonizing. Until she finally spoke up.

"Okay, I think this is the best decision for her and you boys. So that's why I am going to have to say." She stopped for a second to think about the answer for a minute. 

"Courtney I don't know about this that's why I think I am going to say no."  That was the answer I knew she was going to say. I looked around the table all the boys had sad expressions on their faces.

Her response pissed me off because Josh was able to go back to the United States but I couldn't have a similar trip with my best friend. I know I shouldn't but I needed some time and space to think. In all honesty, I just needed to get away from my mother. So I calmly got up, left my phone and coffee on the table, and hobbled my way out the front door.

 Why does she still think I'm a little girl? She knows that I am growing up and I need to start living my life; whether that be me staying here or leaving. I won't be staying in this house all my life; I couldn't.

I had no idea where I was going but was led by my feet to the park that was about ten minutes away from my house.  I was walking by the swing set when my leg was beginning to hurt. Maybe I should have rethought my plan of storming off because my foot was starting to hurt. Who am I kidding, my whole body is hurting like hell not just my leg.

 I quickly sat down on one of the swings. I haven't been on one of these in forever. I thought. I got lost in thought for a while.  Before I knew it a whole hour had went by but I wasn't ready to head back just yet.

Niall

I watched Courtney get up from the table and walk out the door without a word. She left her phone here, probably so no one would interrupt her. I guess she was just angry and needed some time to cool off. I could understand that. All of us just sat there for a while not knowing what to say. We all knew that she wanted to go, but she had only one problem, her mother. As if on cue her mother spoke up.

"Okay, maybe I should talk to you boys about this since she would be living with you if I let her go," Michelle said, knowing that her daughter would be back soon.

"With all due respect Ms. Larson, we feel that since Courtney has graduated it might be a good experience if she came with us to London for the summer, or longer, if she wanted to, and if it was okay with you. You wouldn't have to worry about her with us. We wouldn't let her get hurt; we have grown quite close to your daughter in the time we have known her and we would do just about anything to protect her." Liam said. While shooting me a glance. Daddy Direction at his best!

"So you all would be watching her and making sure she's okay? And I could trust you to keep her safe while she is living with you?" She said while looking us all in the eyes.

"Yes, we wouldn't let anything happen to her while she would be with us," Liam said, giving her a firm nod to make sure she understood that we would watch over the girl any time we were out.

"Well, let me think about it for a while and then I'll let you know, okay?" she said.

"Yeah, but can we possibly have an answer no later than." He thought about it knowing that we'll leave soon. "Let's say this evening, only because we will be leaving Sunday morning?"