Chapter 9

Courtney

"Yeah, that surprise. Well, the lads and I were wondering if maybe you wanted to come live with us for the summer in London?" Niall said. 

I sat on the couch completely dumbfounded with my mouth hanging open. That's when Louis came over and shut my mouth while whispering. "Don't want you to catch flies, love." Har har, there Louis. Niall started talking again.

"I mean you don't have to if you don't want to, we just thought it would be a good experience for you." He stated while all the other boys just nodded.

"Guys I would love to." They all started yelling their cries of joy and started a group hug with me in the middle. I quickly stuck my head up to finish. "But I don't think my mother would be up to me moving to London and living with five guys."  I sighed. Mom was not one for me and a boy. Let alone five and one of them I like.

Truthfully I never really dated because of her. But I did have a few small things, nothing more than kissing. Yes, that means I am still a virgin, and it most likely isn't going to change anytime soon.

"Well, we'll talk to her with you. I mean come on you need to live a little. And there is no way we are letting you get hurt while you are with us." Liam said. Hmm, living a little eh? Man, these boys didn't know me at all. Come on have they never heard of 'strict parenting creates sneaky children?'

"Okay, when she gets home tonight we can talk to her. But I am going to warn you now, she's a very strict person, and when she says something she rarely changes her mind." I told them. They all looked pretty nervous. Come on my mother may be intimidating but she is nowhere near scary; or at least to me she isn't.

 I'm only five foot three inches and my mother isn't much taller than me. I looked exactly like her; if she wasn't older I'm sure we could pass for twins. I barely got anything from my dad, except for his attitude and his love for singing. My dad could sing. No one else in my family besides me could. But only my family knew this.

Not even Niall knew I could sing. Only because I didn't want him making a big deal about me being able to. I like my normal life and I want it to stay normal for a while.

"So while we wait for your mom, shall we watch a movie? How long should she be?" Zayn asked me. "She should be here anytime since it's ten thirty now and she got off work a half hour ago. But you never know about her. And yeah can we watch something that's not scary? I don't need nightmares. I get enough as it is." I whispered the last part, earning some sympathetic glances from everyone else.

 I mean what they can do? Ever since the accident, I have had nightmares. Sometimes they are just reenactments of the accident; others are just of things that are much worse than what happened. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. Before I could wipe it away someone already was. I looked up to see Liam.

"Don't cry, love. It will be okay." He smiled down at me.

"Thanks, Liam, but it's something that I have to face right now. I'll be okay one day." I said as they all released me and except for me went back to sit on the sofa. I picked the first funny one I saw. Not caring what it was I just stuck it in the DVD player and went back and sat on the floor. The boys made room on one of the cushions but if I was correct this movie was going to be boring as hell so I would probably fall asleep halfway through.

"Zayn, can you hand me that blanket off the back of the couch please?" I asked.

"Sure." He said handing me the blanket that my grandmother made for me. It was my favorite. It had little yellow ducks all over it and was the softest material I had ever felt. "Thanks," I said with a yawn.  Then I realized I should probably tell them about my activity while I was asleep.