Chapter 34

Courtney

Okay, so maybe they didn't get together on the plane but it's still my mission to get them together soon. We did talk a lot on the plane ride. I learned that he's eighteen, lived in London all of her life but went to America (Pittsburgh area) to visit family and then she was on her way to Ireland to visit more of her dad's family.

She's very sweet and is probably as nice as Liam, very stylish too! Lots of nice vintage style shirts, lace and creams. Her and Eleanor had hit it off straight away with talks of their favorite shops. I figured they would too.

It was kind of sad that we had to go our separate ways but we did find out she was going to be going back to London around the same time we were. Liam has already made date plans with her for when they returned. I think it's good he's not going to be the only one who is single left in the group. I felt bad that he was always surrounded by couples, and although he said it never bothered him, I knew it did. We just got off the plane about an hour ago and we're on our way home. When we arrived at the airport my mom was waiting there for me just like she said. Once she hugged me she pretty much wouldn't let me go. Tears, tears, and more tears were included with our reunion. But since she was there that meant I got a spacious ride home too. It was only her, Josh, and I in the car.

The others were staying with Niall, but Paul drove them to his house. They were driving behind us. I awoke to the sounds of mom and Josh discussing what he has been doing over summer.

"How was your stay?" My mom asked.

"Really different than being in Ireland, Jerry showed me a lot of things that they do. It was really fun!" He exclaimed kind of sad. Mom didn't really push the conversation much more after that but it was probably because we were finally home.  I got my two suitcases and went into the familiar house.

Everything was just like it was when I left. Maybe a few more magazines lying around, it definitely felt welcoming.

"I've missed it here!" I said as I flopped onto the couch. I heard a few chuckles and looked up to see mom, Niall's mom, and Niall standing in the little space between the kitchen and living room.

"Something funny?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. I situated myself so I was now sitting on the couch with my legs tucked underneath me.

"Nope." Niall answered as he sat beside me. I chuckled and snuggled into him. He kissed my forehand and started talking.

"So Saturday night I was wondering if you, Josh, and Michelle wanted to come with my mom the boys, their girlfriends, and I to dinner as an early birthday dinner?" He asked.

I looked up to my mom waiting for an answer. She nodded her head with a smile on her face and began talking to Maura.

"Of course, we would love to!" I smiled softly at him, a slight squeal to my voice. Niall laughed and gave me a gentle kiss. Our mom's 'awed' at us but we just rolled our eyes and let them have their moment that they have been waiting for since we became friends.

After that Niall and his mom went back over to their house. I went upstairs and unpacked a little before I took a long and refreshing shower before I had to tell mom about my time this summer. I was going to wait until later in the week to tell her about me actually moving to London.

I walked back down stairs in a tank top and a pair of sweat pants. I didn't bother trying to brush my hair either.  Everything tonight just seems so much more tiring. I went over to the couch and rested my head in my mom's lap while I stretched out. She ran her fingers through my hair and began talking.