Water and Fire- ATLA AU

As Nika and Toko returned back to the small cave, arms laden with goods for the runaways, they didn't realize that some of their friends followed them, suspicious of where they ran off too. 

"Here you go, guys." Toko slowly drops some food down, as Nika slowly rolled out sleeping bags. 

"Thanks, Toko!" Kit smiles, walking near the blue-haired boy. "Say, I haven't seen your eyes up close before. They're really pretty, just like you." 

"Don't mind Kit, he's a natural flirt." Shasa sighs, before grabbing some food. 

"Here Honey," Nika says.

"Thank you." Honey smiles gratefully, and the 5 sit down, chewing on some food.

"What is this stuff?" Shasa questions.

"Sea prunes and seal blubber jerky," Toko replies nonchalantly, as the 3 slowly smile and swallow their food. 

"Toko! Nika!" Aiger yells out.

"Oh no! I think the others followed us!" Toko gasps. 

"They can't know your here though!" Nika yelps, jumping up and beginning to hide a few items in the cave. 

"Who's here?" Ranjiro asks, as Aiger, Fubuki, and Suoh pop up behind him. 

"No one?" Toko says, though it sounded more like a question, than a statement.

"Then who's those people?" Fubuki questions, pointing to Shasa, Honey, and Kit. 

"I'm sure you're seeing things Fubuki. There's no one there!" Nika sheepishly grins. 

"If Fubuki is seeing things, then you are seeing things as well. Why stay in a cave with sleeping bags and food for more than two people?" Suoh points out. 

"Who are you!" Aiger questions. "What do you want with Toko and Nika?" 

"Nothing! We were, uh. Travelers! Toko and Nika just are helping us!" Kit threw his hands up, chuckling nervously.

"You guys seem awfully young to be traveling without an adult." Fubuki says.

"Yeah. And why come to the South Pole, of all places?" Ranjiro questions. 

"Because we're traveling to every spot in the world." Honey adds. 

"Well, where have you traveled?" Suoh questions. He had always wondered how the world looked without ice and snow. 

"Well, we had just picked up Kit from the Eastern Air Temple. It was magnificent." Shasa answers. 

"Yeah. Uh, my flying bison! Oh no! Knight!" Kit yelps, jumping up. 

"Your what?" Aiger questions.

"Come on! Knight! Knight! Where are you!" Kit yells, running out of the cave. 

"Kit!" Toko yells. 

"We've been to the Earth Kingdom." Shasa answers. 

"Yeah. We'll be leaving as soon as Kit finds Knight." Honey answers, staring sadly at Nika. 

"But-" Nika starts sadly.

"Yeah. We probably overstayed our visit." Shasa sighs, as Kit runs in happily.

"Alright! Here's Knight, my flying bison!" Kit proudly showed off a large bison, with snow-white fur, arrow markings, and majestic horns. 

"Wow." Toko gasps.

"We'll be leaving at sundown. I guess this is goodbye." Honey sighs. 

"Come on, let's go." Aiger turns away, and the others walked away, but Toko and Nika stayed. "Guys, come on!" 

"We'll miss you." Nika cries, latching unto Honey.

"Yeah. Maybe visit soon?" Toko questions, staring at Kit. 

"Yeah, of course." Kit smiles. 

"Bye." Shasa sighs. 

The 6 leave, as Honey and Kit stare sadly at them.

"Come on guys, let's get packing." Shasa sighs. 

* * * * 

As they were packing up to leave, soft footprints were smashing through the thick snow, the owners belonging to Nika and Toko.

"Let's go-" Kit starts. 

"Wait!" Toko yells. "Wait for us!" 

"What are you guys doing here?" Shasa questions.

"We're coming with you," Nika exclaims proudly.

"And your parents are okay with that?" Shasa asks.

"We left a note. They'll understand." Toko says. 

"Alright then. Fine by me!" Honey grins. 

"Let's go, Knight!" Kit yells, and Knight flies through the air, as Toko, Nika, Shasa, and Honey shriek in joy.

"Goodbye Southern Water Tribe!" Nika yells, as the small huts slowly became smaller, and smaller. 

(A/N: Any suggestions? Requests?)