"Why Can't We All Be Feminists?"

A wonderful idea, made from the depths of ashiruru's server! Go to her bio now to get the link-

A Nika-centric blader fanfic, where we tackle all of the misogyny in beyblade :D

LETS GOOOOO

HC: Nika's Bey is called Nymph, and in this story, it's Purity Nymph and it doesn't look scary at all but like she then goes and BURST YOUR BEY IN 5 SECONDS WOAHS

For Raika from Sparking, I'll be using her dub name "Raina"

Set before Dynamite Battle

i promise you nika doesn't have plot armor she actually trains a lot okay <3

also why can't we all be feminists- 

Italics: Flashback

~~~ 

Nika, or as the Beyblade world dubbed, "The Masked Lady" sat in her small training room, watching her Bey whirl around in circles in the stadium. Although she wasn't nervous- she knew she would win against Valt, she was a bit scared. 

Nika started out this journey with one mission: to rid the Beyblade world of its misogyny. She noticed that if she battled as Nika Aoi, she got comments like: "Oh look it's Valt's sister!" and stuff like that. 

Even when she was exercising with the Bey Club, she'd get teased for wearing a tank top and shorts. 

A TANK TOP AND SHORTS. 

Slut-shaming much?

Of course, she got shamed for wearing shorts to a battle, so Nika apparently "had to" change to leggings or pants with a longer shirt so the boys wouldn't be "distracted". This was literally the same thing as her getting punished for showing her shoulders at school. Stupid and insane.

If Silas Karlisle could wear no shirt and get away with it, then Nika should be able to wear shorts and a shoulder-showing top. 

And of course, there's going to be those annoying boys who shame Nika for just eating an extra piece of bread from Toko's lunch. Honestly, there was no respect, at all for girls. 

In this male-dominated sport, Nika has seen great female Bladers fall. 

Kris, Shasa, Ichika, and now Raina, have all fell from their podiums of Beyblading, and into obscurity. 

Nika was hell-bent on making sure that didn't happen to her, so she trained every single day, as hard as any Legend. 

She'd run all over town every day, do pull-ups, volunteer for every heavy-lifting job her mom needed. 

Every single tournament, she won with a veil on, and a megaphone. 

Of course, with the misogyny, Nika had to bring the attention back to the battle. More or less the megaphone was a helper if the ref or Hanami ignored her. 

Legend after legend she beat. 

Her first important battle was with Ranjiro Kiyama, and boy did that kickstart her career. 

"And now, for a battle, you were waiting for... Ranjiro Kiyama versus... THE MASKED LADY!"

Loud clapping quickly filled Nika's ears as she fixed her white veil, and looked down at her bey, her partner. 

Nymph. 

"We'll crush this, and soon we'll be number 1," Nika vowed, before walking to Ranjiro, adopting her "Masked Blader" voice. "Ranjiro Kiyama. It's a pleasure to battle you."