Cruelty

10/20/23 EDIT: i finally recovered the second half of this after like a year guys are you proud of me.

(A/N: uhyg78uijhyg a shitty mess of words that I have no idea how tf came together :D

Also, Sparking/Superking/Surge oneshot requests are open ig

I'm trying out writing Japanese honorifics in this story, so let's see how it goes I guess.

HC: Though Lane may not say it upfront, he really does care.

TW: mentions of blood and a teensy tiny bit of gore)

How had this happened?

Delta and Lane both carried their elder brother's limp body.

Why had this happened?

"Don't worry, Onii-chan! We'll get you a doctor soon! Just hang in there, please!" Delta yells, looking at Fubuki and Lane. Lane wore a panicked expression, which was rare since he never really loved to show emotions, as blood from Fubuki slowly dripped down, painting the snow red.

~A day earlier~

It was only bad luck for the Mizukami family as Fubuki, the eldest, had hurt his ankle, thus prohibiting him from selling fish to the village. Since they lived on a mountain, with an abundance of rivers and fish, the Mizukami family were widely known for their fresh fish at the market.

The Mizukami family wasn't poor, but wasn't rich as well, after the loss of the father, Kaito Mizukami, the family had to work extra hard to have a decent meal.

But nevertheless, they were happy.

"Fubuki, darling, why don't you take a rest?" Aiko questions, her crimson eyes shining in concern for her eldest. "We have enough food as it is."

Fubuki shook his head. "But Kaa-san, I want all of us to have a good meal, and sleep with our bellies full for New Years'." He stood up, patting little Kiyo, who was resting on his mother's shoulder, wincing as he put pressure on his foot, before stumbling out of their house, falling onto the snow.

"Nii-chan!" Delta yells, helping Fubuki up, letting him lean on him as sort of a body rest. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Delta. I just need to get to the village to sell some fish." Fubuki assures.

"Then let us do it. You're obviously injured." Lane says, picking up Fubuki's basket.

"Lane, you don't need to." Fubuki protests.

"We insist Nii-chan!" Delta says, pulling his face into an OwO expression. "Please?"

Shit! I can't resist that! Fubuki thought, quickly turning his face away from Delta.

"Please Onii-san?" Lane begs.

Stop stop stop stop-

"Fine! Just be back by sundown, alright! I won't be able to sleep soundly if you weren't home by then." Fubuki orders, helping Delta and Lane with their baskets.

"Wait!" Haku and Anzu ran up to their older siblings. "We want to come!"

"Ssh. Don't wake Kiyo up." Delta says, raising a hand to his lips.

"But can we come?" Anzu questions, her light-yellow eyes shining hopefully.

"No. But we'll bring you treats next time we go down the mountain." Lane says, patting Anzu's head awkwardly.

"Delta, you promised we'd chop wood together!" Haku says, frowning.

"Once we come back, we can catch some fish together, but for now, you need to help Kaa-san, and Nii-chan, okay, Haku?" Delta says, patting his younger brother's head, smiling.