naru has no self-preservation issues (yes she does)

oh god she's back guys

i swear everytime i want to write it's usually about these characters

*slaps* these bad bros/girls/enby's can fit SO MUCH trauma in them

anyways-

synopsis: naru akabane is a teenager in a world of heroes and villains. on her way back to work, she finds one of the top villains passed out and bleeding in an alleyway. poor naru.

-----

Naru was going to get the scolding of a lifetime when she came home.

It wasn't like Aiger was going to really do anything, but at the same time, if you had Aiger Akabane as a sibling, you would not look forward to him being angry. Long story short, he looked like a monkey, and it was hard to not laugh at him.

Naru made sure to close the shop properly and head home. Akabane Tea Shop was a lovely little store on the East side of town, but East Side wasn't the safest place ever. Ever since her parents died in a villain attack, Naru and Aiger had switching shifts at their tea shop. They knew the ups and downs, the ropes and the knots. Usually Aiger took the night shift, but recently, he had Naru take the night shifts for some reason.

Aiger never let Naru out too late at night. East side wasn't the best place on Earth, but Naru could handle herself, even if her powers weren't exactly the best for combat.

Naru had healing powers and Aiger had some sort of power that allowed him to be more enhanced than the regular human. He could run faster, throw farther, his strength was better than the average human. He was like a reincarnated Achilles, minus the invincibility. Naru only had healing powers and that was it.

Naru let herself get lost in her thoughts, before a loud crash interrupted her thoughts. The crash came from a dark alleyway—which was never good in East side.

But Naru was an Akabane through and through. She didn't just ignore random crashes in the alleyway. It was probably a cat anyways. So Naru walked in the dark scary alleyway in the very dangerous part of town, fully expecting there to be some sort of alley cat she could temporarily adopt and annoy Aiger with.

What she didn't expect was Calypso, the #3 villain bleeding out in the alleyway.

Dark red blood was forming steadily in a puddle under the bright pink suit. Naru had always wondered how Calypso's villian outfit looked like she was made of water, and now she knew. Thin pieces of see-through magenta-pink fabric wrapped around her body, covering the bright pink jumpsuit, and was all tangled up around Calypso. A pink veil made her identity a secret, while her pink hair, decorated with cute little orange and yellow stars cascaded down her shoulders messily. Usually it'd be tied into two pigtails. Her wrist guards were an orange, and they were covering something on her chest.

The puddle of blood was pooling into a larger puddle. Naru quickly rolled the body over. Looking at Calypso now, she couldn't have been more than 2-3 years older than Naru. She looked as old as Aiger.

There was a gaping wound in the middle of her chest. Naru stared at it, wondering what could have made a stab wound that big.

Nevermind that, she had to save Calypso's life. Bleeding out in an alleyway in East side wasn't the best death choice out there anyways.

Naru put her hands directly above Calypso's wound, delicately hovering an inch above. Her palms emitted a faint blue light as Calypso's wound slowly stitched itself back together again. Naru felt a bit dizzy, but kept on pushing, making sure that Calypso's wouldn't die today, because by god if Naru found out that Calypso somehow kicked the bucket after she healed her.

Naru doesn't know why she cares so much for a villain, who's murdered people, but at the end of the day, they were humans. Naru only hoped that Calypso wouldn't shank her upon first meeting, which was why she wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

Of course, nothing ever went according to Naru's plan. She's never healed such a big wound before—never. So as soon as Naru deemed the wound to be good enough, she let go of that connection, and promptly passed out on the floor.

When Naru woke up, Calypso was standing over her. Her face veil covered up most of her face, but her body was going up and down in rhythmic motions.

"Who are you? What have you done?" Calypso asked. Her voice was smooth and melodic, but had a twinge of metal in it, thanks to the voice changer she wore.

"I..." Naru couldn't form words.

"Tell me!" In one fluid motion, Calypso grabbed Naru's shirt and had her hoisted up against the brick wall.

If my life wasn't in danger, I'd think this was hot. Naru thought.

"I healed you."

"You what?" Calypso seemed shocked.

"Yeah. Luckily for you, you fell in the alley just as I walked by," Naru said.

"No, I don't mean that. Why did you heal me? You know who I am."

"Obviously, you'd seldom find someone who'd not know who you were." Naru rolled her eyes. Were all villains this stupid?

"You want something in return, don't you?" Calypso said, breathing heavily. "You... you..."

"I what?" Naru asked. Calypso was muttering profusely under her breath. Her hands were trembling, and if Naru pushed hard enough, she'd be able to break free and possibly run.

But Calypso already knew her face, so leaving now was almost a death wish. Emphasis on the almost. Maybe the shock would completely make her forget about her and Naru would be off scot free.

"You looked under my mask, didn't you?" Calypso pressed harder against Naru's body. Her left hand procured a kunai and held it to Naru's throat.

"No! Why would I do that?" Naru yelled.

"Everyone wants something from a villain, you turned me in didn't you?"

"I just wanted to make sure you didn't die here!"

"No one has any sympathy for us, tell me why you healed me." Calypso's smooth voice easily slid into her power. Naru had never experienced Calypso's charmspeak in person, but whenever she used it on TV, her voice got slightly higher, more melodious, and she sounded just like a Siren.

Being the one Calypso was used it on was not fun. Immediately a large fog covered her mind, her body turned to jelly.

Tell her why you healed her. A voice said. Then another, and another, and soon a cacophony of voices screamed at her to tell Calypso.

She didn't get why people feared Triton and Einherjar more. Sure, Triton had water powers and was scarily talented with a trident, and Einherjar was so unpredictable and good with a sword that people swore that old warriors talked to him, but Calypso.

Naru had never felt more pressure, nor fear emulating from her. Her knees buckled, and her mouth went dry. Calypso stared back, the pink veil fluttering in the slight breeze.

"I healed you because I thought it wouldn't be good for you to die here! Bleeding out in an alley on East Side isn't the best way to go!" Naru yelled. Calypso dropped her. "Ow!"

"You..." Calypso's voiced seemed smaller. "That doesn't make sense. You must want something."

"How many times do I need to say it? I don't need anything from you." Naru sighed.

"I..." Calypso stared at her. "Goodnight? Have a good day?" She seemed much more awkward now than ever. Her body shifted from left and right, and her hands were stuffed in her pockets.

"Night." And with that, Naru ran.

She hoped she would never have to see Calypso ever again. That interaction was scary. Hopefully Aiger wasn't home yet. That'd be terrible.

——————

wow look at this revival

anyways, hope y'all liked this. you can probably guess all of the secret identities here lmaooo, but give it a shot!

have a lovely day :)

(not proof read or edited)