Water and Fire- ATLA AU Part 4

In the Southern Water Tribe, instead of the merry barking of seals waking up the inhabitants, it was the scream of Chiharu Aoi.

"What's the matter, mom?" Valt asks, rubbing his eyes sleepily, staring at his mom, and grandmother.

"They're- they're gone!" Chiharu gasps, seeing the empty room where a bluenette and pinkette were supposed to be sleeping in.

"Huh? Who?" Valt questions.

"Your sibling's young man, who else lives here?" Grandmother Hanako chids.

"They couldn't have gone that far mom, I'll go look for them." Valt replies, running to his room to grab his coat and clothes, before running out.

"Valt, what's going on? Your mom's screams woke up the entire village." Shu groans, rubbing his eyes.

"Toko and Nika, they're gone!" Valt says.

"Gone? What do you mean, gone?" Shu asks. "Fubuki!"

Fubuki yawned, rubbing his eyes, and stumbling out of the Kurenai family's tent. "Yeah, Shu?"

"Fubuki, do you know where Toko and Nika are?" Shu asks his younger brother, both hands on the blonde's shoulder.

"No. I remember we saw a few travelers though, but they came back with us, and they left before we came back. Or was it the other way around?" Fubuki says, shaking his head. "I don't remember! It's early, cold, and I'm tired!"

Shu sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Okay, okay. You go back inside, while we handle this."

"Man I wish Dad was here." Valt sighs. "Would be nice. But all the eligible men have gone off to war."

"We are eligible now. I just don't think they'll make a pit stop to get us." Shu replies. "C'mon, let's go look for them."

Quickly, the village made a combined effort to find the missing Aoi twins, but was unsuccessful, until Mrs. Aoi uncovered a note sat under the bowl of seal jerky.

Dear mom or Valt or grandmother, or whoever found this note first.

I and Nika have left on a trip, to find Nika a water-bending master. We'll be back soon, so don't worry about us.

Love Toko

and Nika

PS: don't worry we're completely safe

"V-Valt! Come quick, I found a note!" Chiharu exclaims, and Valt immediately ran to their igloo.

"Huh? Whaddaya mean?" Valt was handed the note, and his brown eyes quickly scanned over the paper, his eyes widening. "Oh."

Chiharu sat on the ground, breathing heavily. "It's dangerous out there! And how did they get away? This just doesn't make any sense at all!"

"I think I have the answer," Rantaro replies sternly, as Suoh, Fubuki, Ranjiro, and Aiger were brought into the tent.

"Oh, this sounds dangerous." Hanako chuckles, helping her daughter-in-law up.

* * * *

"So what you're saying is that Toko and Nika found 3 travelers, and you think they possibly stowed away with them?" Mrs. Aoi says.

"Yeah..." Ranjiro says. "But we didn't know!"

"Indeed, we thought they were just helping them." Suoh nods.

"And did they mention where they found these travelers?" Kana Akabane asks.

"No." Aiger looks down at his feet.