Well, That Was Anti-Climatic

A request made by a reader, for a friend, who requested to be anonymous.

They requested a oneshot where the Bey Club and their OC, Kyra Minoko, go to a haunted house.

I'm adding Ken in this, because I feel like he's in the Bey Club anyways, so yeah. 

Hope you enjoy!

Set in Burst/Evolution-ish timeline, high school AU

No romance, sorry people, but there are ship teases!

Ship Tease, Definition: Hints of Possible Romantice Relationship 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Usually, for Halloween, high school kids would go trick or treating at midnight, stay at home and binge Netflix, go to a party, or just hand out candy.

They usually don't go to haunted houses. 

But of course, their club captain, the lovable Valt Aoi had forced them to come. 

"Why are we even here? Smells like commoner." Wakiya says, distastefully staring at the run-down house where the haunted house was held. 

"Because! You know our club is literally the worst of the worst! We need to prove that we're the best, alright!" Valt says, crossing his arms. 

"Valt, if our club was the worst of the worst, then we wouldn't join," Daigo explains gently. 

"Or leave," Kyra adds. 

"We're not leaving!" Keru says. 

"Besides, we like the personality of this club!" Besu nods. 

"I think they're all copy-cats! The Bey Club was here first!" Rantaro declares, opening up his overlarge fan. 

"Come on guys, let's just get it over with." Shu shrugs, walking first. 

"Tickets?" The person at the door said, holding out a fake severed hand. They each put their tickets in the severed hand, and then the person let them in. 

The first thing they heard was a loud scream from some girl. Everyone covered their ears, wincing slightly.

"Isn't this one of the best haunted houses here?" Daigo questions, rubbing his ear rather painfully. 

"Seems like they're overselling it." Wakiya huffs, turning his nose up. 

"Come on guys, Naoki says if we do come out, then they'll consider us a serious club!" Valt says, turning on his phone. 

"What are you doing?" Kyra asks. 

"Recording it on YouTube," Valt says. 

"Why are you doing that?" Shu asks. 

"Because Naoki says he needs video evidence," Valt says. He raises up his phone, which was now recording. "Hey, guys! Us, the Bey Club, are right now going in the best haunted house in Beigoma!"

"Turn off the camera Valt! I don't think they allow recording!" Ken orders, a sense of urgency in his voice. 

"Come on Valt, you know if mittens uses his real voice, it's something serious." Kyra crosses her arms. 

"Hey look, a lot of people are watching... and especially from the middle school and our school." Valt trails off. 

"I'm sure they all just decided to tune in." Wakiya sarcastically says.

"Yeah, just click on the least likable club's name and see what they're up to," Rantaro adds. 

Valt only glares at them, before moving forward. "Hey what was this called?" 

"The Snake Pit," Shu answers. 

"How do you know?" Kyra asks, raising an eyebrow. 

"It's on the big sign on the house." Shu deadpans. 

"Oh. Yeah. I knew that." Kyra awkwardly nods, blushing.

"Come on guys!" Valt yells, and they quickly follow him through fog and black curtains. 

"I'm not scared of anything, so Honcho'll protect ya!" Rantaro declares. 

"Yeah, you might wanna rethink that theory Honcho," Daigo says, pointing at the end of the corridor, where a bloody unicorn was, swaying from side to side, holding a bloody machete.

"Aaaahhhhh!" Rantaro screams.

"Other way, other way!" Keru yells, but they're blocked by a bloody clown, with a frightening chainsaw. 

"Is that real?" Kyra asks, but the loud whirring of the chainsaw quickly answered that. "Oh my god it's real we're all going to die." Everyone looks at Kyra, before turning back. 

Suddenly, they charge at the group, as they all scream and run into the curtain, where apparently they were supposed to go because the people didn't follow them. 

"Holy shit. Isn't this illegal?" Wakiya questions. 

A nerf dart answered that for him. Thousands upon thousands of the blue and orange little darts flew at them, as they quickly ran in the designated path, bullets barely grazing their heels. 

"It's really nerf or nothing!" Kyra yells, dodging bullets left and right. They stumbled into a wall on accident, and an ear-splitting scream made them wince and cover their ears. 

Shu slowly peered over, to be met by a doll-like girl, smiling at him, before emitting another scream. 

"Shit!" Shu screams, accidentally backing into Kyra. They trip and land on each other, Shu on top of Kyra. 

Shu could only think about how convenient it was that it was almost pitch black in the haunted house, so no one could see the blush that was beginning to form on his face. Little did he know that Kyra was thinking the same. 

"Oi, get up!" Keru says, helping Shu and Kyra up. Kyra accidentally misstepped and fell onto Ken, but he managed to stay upright and get Kyra up. 

"Hey! I see the exit!" Rantaro says but is cut off by the girl screaming yet again.

"Can you shut up?!?" Wakiya yells, but the girl only tilts her head to one side and screams even louder. 

"Gotta hand it to her, she's good at staying in character." Kyra winces. 

"Let's just get out of here," Daigo says, walking while covering both of his ears. 

"Here here!" Keru nods. 

They walk out, not actually getting any interference. 

"Well, that was anti-climatic." Rantaro sighs, sitting on the ground. 

"Think we took the easier route?" Shu questions.

"Yeah." Kyra nods. 

"Man, that wasn't that bad." Valt shrugs.

"Let's get outta here!" Wakiya says, standing up and walking away.

"The exit's that way," Besu says. 

~~~~~~

I swear if no one gets the reference I will throw my computer down the drain. 

IT'S NERF OR NOTHING