Chapter 4

Hunter. Hunter would help me. Sure he wouldn't really understand who/what I was. But, that couldn't matter right now. He and Matt would understand at a later date. I had made my decision in a matter of minutes. But that wasn't important because I always made any sort of rash decision in a split second. I was that type of girl. Carry blades that would blow your mind, hunt killers, live with the dead kind of chick.

I  grabbed a small pack of clothes and took off in a rush toward Endevor Road where Hunter had lived for the past sixteen years. He had moved here when he was two. How do I know this? Well it is my job to know anything and everything about everybody in this town.

After turning onto the road I needed to be on I saw his house. The home of the half back of of Camroe High. The golden boy was tossing a football back and forth to his dad. I must clarify now; Matt and Hunter are not brothers. They hang out together, and the similarities end about there.

He turned to look at my car when I drove up. Well it is kind of hard not to stare. Who wouldn't love my baby? My car was a yellow convertible soft top Corvette. Beastly! I know! 

"How's it going?" He yelled over his shoulder.

"Don't you know already?" I replied with horror raising my voice a few octaves.

"Sounds like I don't. Please elaborate." Hunter was not prepared for the worst.

"Well," I began rushing out the words after that. "Matt was kidnapped after his car wreck."

"Matt wrecked?" He yelled his voice booming and making me nervous.

"Yeah and I need to talk to you privately. Please?" I almost whispered. I was trying to tell Hunter that his best friend since kindergarten was hurt and needed him. He didn't get it. He was mentally hurt and very upset.  

"I need you to come with me to get him." I said my voice still desperate and quiet.

"I'll go pack." He said sprinting inside.

It was time to go as he pushed his wide shoulders into my car. I knew he would be uncomfortable on this ride. He was probably 6'2" but he was skinny with just the right amount of ass. Matt was the same was minus the height. He was probably around 5'10" and had the same ass amounts. Lol, I just said, "ass amounts". 

I glanced at Hunter sitting in the passenger seat who was looking at me like I just killed his dog. So, I was laughing at basically nothing. That is no reason to look at me like that. With his seemingly endless dark brown eyes he looked into my eyes. Wow, looks just like hell when Satan is there. Black and endless, I mean. 

Shortly we arrived at the "crime" scene. 

"Why are we here?" he asked, "I thought we were going to look for Matt."

Darn fridge monkeys and butter biscuits on rye. I so didn't want to go through this right now. Of course I would tell him. I would probably wait until we were two dimensions away and he couldn't escape my mystical "powers". I quickly searched my brain for an alibi/truth statement.

"Looking for clues, babe," I said and only realized after he pointed it out that I called him babe.

"Why'd ya call me that?" he asked me in a superficial interrogative voice.

Lie, lie, lie, "I call everyone that, duh! You ding dong!" Oops, that one might just be proven wrong.

"Yeah, sure you do. Miss Princess who rules this school, most popular person in our whole town; I believe that I have never heard you call anyone babe before. Not even your boyfriend, who might I mention is missing and you are wasting valuable time on this dumb conversation." He said in only a few breaths. 

Touché. I have got the perfect comeback for that. "Yeah, well I never knew you listened to my every word." I trailed off as I walked away.

I turned around as I walked away and saw his face turn a deep scarlet color. Huh wonder why?!  

--------•••••-----------•••••--------•••••---------

I got the trail. Maybe a little hard to follow, but I am a professional as you would say. The trail went due south and didn't have a demon signature. A demon signature is where when a demon commits a crime and he or she leaves a mark. Without a demon signature I could tell that this wasn't done by a demon.

The real question was what could have done this? I suppose it would have to be a courageous human, an angel smass (someone who does dirty work for angels since they are so pure!), or a rouge mystical creature.

Unfortunately that could be a lot o' different specimens.