Chapter 10

Okay! Before you start reading please read this. I have decided to enter my story in the Watty Awards just to see if my story is any good. If you like my story pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee vote, comment, fan, and tell your friends and fans. I would super duper love to hear everyone's suggestions too. okay enough. READ ON!!

Chapter 10

     I had the upper hand. I laughed at the two whose faces reflected nothing but pure dread. They looked at me and said at the same time, “Fold.” I laughed out loud.

      “Four aces, baby!” I yelled at their four time in a row defeated faces. They wouldn’t let me even try to win that time. They were sore losers.

      Jame started to collect the cards with his good arm, and he put them back in their case. He pouted as he put my cards back into the case. I cackled. Jame and Hunter make me sad with their un-sportsman-like behavior. We stopped at a club in the nearest town after the fire. I was so hyper. They actually gave me (shh…) Mountain Dew!!! The guy serving booze to the customers had a sudden interest in me and my friends. I eyeballed him cautiously. It hit me; this guy was a smass, so I yelled out, “You’re a smass!” The boys looked at me. An angel dirty worker was here? I ‘m sure that this place was crawling with them.

     Hunter asked, “Did you just call him a smart ass?”

     Oops! I realized that I just said that out loud. “I did!” I said proudly. “Doesn’t he look like a smart ass? Do you see how he is looking at me? He looks like he just wants to correct my poker playing skills!” I don’t even know if I play poker right, so that sounded like a reasonable excuse. The man looked at me with hatred [and was that fear?]. “I’m going to go and dance,” I said. I really wanted to escape this man and the accusation of my friends that followed him.

      One of my favorite songs came on. “It’s a dirty free for all!” I screamed above the noise that came from the mass of moving bodies. Take it off by Ke$ha! I absolutely love this song. I have only been to three clubs my entire life and when they played this song…oh man. Watch out! I walked to the counter and ordered vodka. I don’t normally drink, but the boys would have fun with a drunk me later. I ran back to the dance floor after downing my drink.

     The song screamed ‘take it off’ and I had the urge to strip my sweatshirt to dance. I jerked it over my head, but when I had realized that I wasn’t wearing a shirt, it was too late. A nice male specimen of the human species came over to me and pulled me with him. God, this guy was drunk. I smiled to myself.

      He caught me off guard when he pulled me into a closet and unzipped his pants. Awkward! He wouldn’t take rejection well. “I don’t like you.” I said. My horns poked through my flesh when I thought of what was going to happen. He looked like he was about to slap me, so I took the honor from him. Slapping his face, I also kneed him in the balls, kicked him in the shin, and punched him in the nose. I left him there to sober up and gain some decency.

     Jame caught me as I came out. My sweatshirt was still in my hand and I looked like I just ‘came out of the closet.’ Darnn!! “I really can explain.” I said. I slipped the sweatshirt over my head. “Come here.”

     He looked deadly when I finished explaining it all to him. “Where is that jack-ass?” He questioned.

     “Well…” I trailed off. He wanted me to continue. “I kind of slapped him, kneed him in the balls, broke his nose, and bruised his leg.” I stopped and looked up for his reaction.

     “That’s so hot!” He exclaimed.  [A/N Has someone ever said that to y’all? I would love to know your stories.]

      “He might still be in a closet for a while, too.” I stated nervously.

      We made our way to the back where Hunter was pacing with worry. He hadn’t seen me yet. I walked up when he had his back turned. I put my arm around his neck and pointed my finger into his back. “Where’s the money?” I asked in a gruff man-voice. He turned around in my grip and hugged me. “Gosh, Hunter, I was gone ten minutes. You need to get your act together.”

      He smile mysteriously and muttered something about drunken homos. I laughed at his humorous expression. “I take it you missed me.” My voice wavered with the consumption of alcohol. What can I say? I’m a lightweight!

      “Yeah. Let’s go!” He exclaimed with a little too much enthusiasm.

      As we passed the bar on our way out I took someone’s drink and left. They already had enough to drink anyway. The club started to play ‘The Club Can’t Handle Me.’ I chugged ‘my’ drink while the boys were turned away.  They boys would have no idea until later. ‘Chuckles to herself.’

      I made a mental checklist. First, my house burned down. Then, my boyfriend was kidnapped. After that, I left my house, which leaves me with the problem that I won’t be able to find my way back home. Soon later, I met my old best friend, and with him, our hotel burned down. Then, I almost got raped by someone who I think was a smass. Now, I’m drunk. Let’s see where this leads.

      Hunter hugged me again when I walked out of the club and ushered me into the car. Jame immediately jumped into a story about how I knocked that guy out back there. He even used descriptive words like: flailing limbs, knocked his lights out, and flamboyant fight. I wonder if he even knows the meaning of the word flamboyant.

      Suddenly Hunter exclaimed, “Gosh, Kat, we love you so much, it’s not even funny!” I smiled in the backseat.

      His confession made me wonder if I made the right choice. I was flabbergasted. I had no idea how to respond, so I just gazed around the car. Nothing on the ceiling, nothing on the floor, nothing on the….Oh my gosh! There was giant smiley face outside of my window. My eyes widened in awe.

      Jame whipped around in his seat, “What are you hyperventilating at?”

      “That billboard’s smiley face had teeth.” I announced proudly. He rolled his eyes, and turned back around to face the road. I smiled to myself joyfully. I had too much to drink. “Booze no good for my brrrraaaaaaaaain. Booze no good for my brrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaain.” I started singing, and I didn’t quit until they acknowledged what I was singing. Then, it got deathly quiet.

      “Did you drink tonight?” Hunter accused.

      “Nahhhh….” I droned out. My words were becoming slurred and it steadily got worse until everything decided to go black.

****I hope y'all love this. I was having some writers block issues so bare/bear with me. I kinda ended up liking this chapter. Sorry it took me so long, i had no time. I just started off season and I am aching all over. If anyone has any suggestions for me please leave them below, in the comments. Vote, Comment, Fan, all that stuff that makes me smile. Extra thanks to my editor. Kewlbabe2020 She is my hero.*** Love y'all all emmikat. OH! And thanks LadyFoxglove! I love your comments. First thing I do when I get home is check my email for comments, so you make my day!!*