Chapter 3

His horns were the greatest mystery to me.  

I always wished that I would muster up the courage to ask the demon court to change him into the demon that I desperately want him to be.  

I went back to school dressed in black, very ripped skinny jeans and a faded purple t-shirt.  

I wouldn't hide the fact that even though my house was burnt often I was still pretty well off in the money department. I always turned heads when I pulled up in my yellow soft top convertible Corvette.  

Admiring the view of a nice butt in the mirror I walked to the cafe in school. Then I was going to make my way to biology.  

Matt's ass and his taller clone Hunter's made my day complete with the "view." 

That is so S...O...G...double O...D good!  

That is the only thing that could make the horrible walk to biology any better. The walk of shame. At least one person every day was shamed by Mr. Alister. Whether intentional or not, it was horrible. Sad almost.  

Yesterday a loner kid named James was sitting at the back of the room. He was never very attractive. Mr. Alister was dissecting a pig in class and we were watching how he did it so that we could do it the next day. He somehow made the connection between James's face and an organ in the pig.  

The worst thing was that he didn't realize the connection he made was offensive.  

I walked to biology slowly trying to avoid the inevitable dissection and the shame that was sure to follow.  

Mr. Alister was waiting with tools covering the tables. I was late. I could feel the death glare from his side of the room.  

"Oops!" I said, "You know how it is. Always busy busy busy."  

"Oops, doesn't cut it Ms. Katherine." He said with false venom dripping from each word.  We had a history, and he had to act hard on me too. It wouldn't be right if he didn't.

"Oops! I must have made some mistake. I was so upset this morning. Does that cut it?" I shot back hoping that I was letting him know just how rude he was to everyone all the time.  

"Come here Ms. Katherine," He said without humor. "Take this note and let Matt escort you to the office."  

He must not have got it. 

But...I am now on my way to the office with MATT freaking Nedly!!! 

He always did have a soft spot for me. I used to have a love-hate relationship with him. He loved me and hated me, but we did talk quite often. 

Mr. Alister was like a counselor to me for the longest time. He was just an old lonely man. I was just a mean lonely teenager.  

Only then did I take the time to read the note that was in my hand.  

"Have fun and take the long way to the office." Nothing else was on the page.  

Oh okay. I get it. He knew I liked Matt and he sent him with me. But how would I explain the noteless note to him?  

"I know what it says," He said.  

"What?" I asked like I was ignorant.  

"You know," he said. "The note; it says have fun or something like that."  

I was dumbstruck. Did he read it over my shoulder or what?  

"I asked him to let me spend some time with you." He said totally nonchalantly.  

Awww he wanted to spend time with me. How sweet? 

"That's cool." I said, "I like you too Matt."  

He opened his mouth wide when he said "Really?" It was kinda cute the way he did it. His eyes opened wide and his mouth hung open. He was just like a little kid. 

"Really," I said. I really liked this kid. Little did I know it was all an illusion.

He was there, waiting for me at the end of the hall after sixth block. I can't even believe it now. It has been almost a week since we got together.  

**Flash-type Back** (kinda)

I think that he really likes me. After our little walk down the hall and around the school (which ended up being almost thirty minutes long) he asked me out. We were sitting outside near the woods. The icy concrete bench made me cold. I offered to go inside and he offered his jacket instead and to be my boyfriend.

I was accommodating at the least. Okay so I was a few steps away from jumping up and down. Keep in mind that I have liked Matt since the seventh grade.

So, I walked on towards him. Love filling my eyes. He was the sweetest. Matt was making me a mundane kind of lovesick. The craziest thing is that I was accepting it all.

I walked down the sidewalk to his car. It matched his personality to the fraction. He had an Aston Martin. Sexy. He side swooped his hair out of his eyes and looked towards me through his eyelashes. My heart definitely skipped a beat!

I climbed in the front seat and peered out the window. I jumped a mile high when Hunter (mentioned earlier) looked through the window.

'Move' he mouthed at me, so I rolled down the window.

I proceeded to ask him "Why?" because I was seriously curious as to why I would have to move out of my BOYFRIEN'DS car.

"Haven't you noticed I ride home with Matt every day?"

"No, sorry Hunter I'll move to the backseat." I was really sorry. I had never noticed. I was always too star struck by Matt's awesomeness. Matt didn't even try to object to me moving.

I listened to their conversation on the way home, but they would never talk loud enough for me to hear them. Ooo! Secrets. I love secrets!

* * *

After my shower and dinner I flopped on the bed and turned on the radio, opened my laptop, and clicked on the school page. It was my ultimate source for news.  

I felt my eyes grow wide as I realized that our home page was morphed. The whole thing had been blown way out of proportion by none other than pesky, mundane, human news reporters. 

Matt Nedly, Camroe High School quarterback, was in a non-moving/moving automobile accident. Nedly was "just arriving home," His mother says. "He had just come home from school." Apparently Matt was coming home from school when his automotive was hit by a passing car. He was parked at the time, and it was apparent that the other driver went out of his/her way to hit the high school junior. By the time authorities arrived on the scene his person had been taken from his automobile and is now reportedly missing.

Any blooming idiot could tell that it hadn't been an accident. The things they couldn't see was that there in the picture of his car after the "accident" was the indention point where I was sitting in the backseat only ten minutes before the report had been called in. The car driver took Matt, but they left a demon's trail. If I really want him I would have to follow it. But, I would need someone to help me with it. Someone who would be willing to do anything for Matt.

It didn't take long for the name I was looking for to pop into my mind leaving me with the thought, "Why hadn't I realized earlier?"

Vote & Comment please (with your feet) (don't worry I intend to change the story a bit)

~~emmikat