Fire Child

(She who edits. Thanks sooo much!)

CHAPTER #1 (THANKS FOR READING)

Something was wrong. I could feel it. But it wasn't because of the fire alarms that were blaring. And it definitely wasn't because of the fire trucks screaming down the road towards my house. It might have been because of the distinct smell of gasoline burning in the air with intoxicating familiarity.

I am a child of fire. You may hear of people who love water, being in the air, or just sitting outside on the earth. Not me. I love the fire. I love the sparks that jump to and fro like nothing else. Nothing can compare. The colors are one of my favorites, too.

Near age three I scared my everyone around me so bad they rushed me to the hospital. You see, being a Fire Child has its perks. I had stuck my hand in a tiki torch. Hey, no criticism. It is beautiful. I, of course, remained unscathed.

I continued running into the flame and ash that was my room. I felt it. It was the overpowering feeling that someone, or something, wanted me gone. Dead. They were just jealous, so they decided to plant gasoline right under my bed. Right under where I lay my head to sleep at night. Right where I would be now if I would have been able to sleep this early in the morning.

What I did know about my current situation is that these leaches were ignorant. They were absolutely terrible assassins. I may not seem very important to you right now because I haven't told you much. Yet, I have told you everything. I am called a Fire Child. I am the one chosen to carry on the lifestyle in my generation. Many generations ago there were almost fifty different Fire Children. Our numbers have dwindled.

Yep, I am as normal as that can be.

I have always wanted to be normal. Well, I could have been an angel. I think that I am an angel. Yeah, maybe a fire breathing angel. Or a defective one. Who knows? I have never known. I have this image that was implanted in my brain as a small child. I would one day sit at the throne of earth with fire at my feet. Growing up I was comforted by nightmares and worried they might leave one day.  

My parents knew. They knew all along that I wasn't normal. My mother told me I was "right" for about five minutes after I was born. While I was sleeping. Made my day about a week ago when she told me this. Wow Mom, spare my feelings would ya? But it was all true. She was visited for the 'worst' of the demons. He told her who I was going to be and why.

That wasn't always as bad as the consequences. I wasn't always finding an assassin hiding in my room. Something gave it away that maybe, just maybe, this was a human that caught on to my act. But of course that was very unlikely. Humans don't appeal to my higher self. Or my lower self for that matter. I'm not antisocial, so don't jump to conclusions. I do have my friends.  Actually, I basically own my school. Everyone would jump if I said to.

Just to be clear before we start I am not a nice person nor will I ever be. Don't get your hopes up too high. I smelled the air. What I found surprised me. It was the smell of what could only be described as beautiful. To a human that is. Or maybe an angel. It was sweet and was plastered on the underside of my pillow. Like perfume maybe, or if you think about it hard enough it could be flammable. My sister could have put it there. She was, after all, the beautiful type. Boys basically knocked down the doors for her. She is head cheerleader and has been since she was little in peewee cheer. Anyone who was close to us understood our contrasting personalities. Her: goody goody type. Me: deep, dark, and dangerous, (on the inside) but I was still popular in my own way. 

Back in my room I was busy quickly exiting before anyone tried to come in after me. It was a dangerous sport I was in, and no one else needed to play. It was too much the last time. It ended with a few of my closer friends fried in the hospital. But since then I have been a sore spot with all of their mothers. Go figure! I quickly and quietly exited the house and went to the back where I proceeded to the backyard and was happy to find an easily explainable spot to be. The hammock. I forced myself to fall into a slumber where I could rest and draw attention away from myself at the same time.  

My "mother" came around the edge of the house. I could not only feel her presence hovering over me, but I could hear her wailing. Oops someone must have been worried. She really doesn't care. At least I won't have to be interrogated by the police and ambulances. She started to shake me. Gosh I was just getting into my nap too! Grr people and their emotions. I swear everyone acts like they are bipolar (no offence to bipolar people) these days. They are like "no stay here, wait don't leave me.". Must be fun to be a drill instructor. I mean really. "Get out there. Suck it up you wus!!!" Maybe that can be my life dream.(After my profession of course.) I am an indestructible drill instructor.  

Yeah that sounds like fun.  

The scent of fire was getting stronger. I better wake up. Remember, fake bipolar mothers. She was still shaking me. Gosh lady I am what you would call tired.  

"Yes mother. Oh my gosh what happened? I can't believe I didn't wake up. I just got home, said hi to everybody, then fell asleep and I missed this!" I said. Hey I have to keep up an act right? 

"I have been worried sick. Have you been here this whole time?"  

I wasn't totally sure on how to respond to that so I lied, "Yeah Mom! I have. I don't even know how I missed this." 

About that time I saw Matt. Amazing Matt. Hott on so many levels. The fire behind him made him look sinister. That's my kind of s*xy!! 

Matt is my two years older than me, but he is only one year older than me in school. He is beastly. That boy will make you think mmm mm mmm mm mmmm toasty. That boy is fine. For a human I mean.  

***AhHHH OKay so I put up the picture of who I think looks like Kat, but oh well...look up the actress who is Elisha Cuthbert. BTW I have no idea who that is. She kinda looks like a Kat anyway.....If y'all have any suggestions to who could be the rest of the cast tell me.*** If you see anything about Kat having black scene hair tell me. It is a typo. I was originally going to have her as that, but I changed it.***