Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I smiled when Hunter put his arms around me. We had just gotten back from lunch and I couldn't wait to know more about their positions. "I want to find Matt." I said. "But...first I want to know why you work for Hades."

Hunter's eyes crossed and he looked very confused. "I don't...." He started to say, but he crashed to the floor before any words were spoken. I pressed my fingers to the base of his throat. No pulse was found. He had been sucked into the realm of Hades.

My eyes clouded over from anger. I wanted to spit I was so mad. How could he do that? "I'll be right back." I managed to mutter to Jame before splitting for the realm of Hell.

When I arrived I saw Hunter chained to the floor. A fiery branch of wood was on fire and touching his skin. He was being lit on fire. "Don't you dare disobey me." Hades said with so much anger that I thought he was about to burst. Hunter looked up.

"I don't understand what you mean." He looked close to tears. "I don't know what happened to make me get here. Please let me fix it." He dropped to his knees and closed his eyes. Seething in agony he shed a few tears. Weeping he glanced in my direction and fell to the floor.

I walked up to him and touched his back three times. My power let me extinguish his flaming body. Hunter made into this creature. He was, and he was born into the fire powers. 

"I want out." I mustered up as much courage as I could bear. I looked up at this man called Satan. He referred to himself as Hades but didn't deserve that title. Hades was where he lived and Satan was who he was.

"Your wish, child, is invalid." He said.

"Then I will die. I will not do anything for you anymore." I said whilst spitting in his face. Ha! I finally was so mad that I could spit.

"Fine. I will let you have your way but good luck finding your friend you so desire."

"Tell me where he is." I screamed at him.

"No mere human could find him. Here I'll even give you a riddle, and I will be kind enough to leave you your powers."

"Tell me what you were going to tell me." I forcefully told him.

"Not with that attitude." He smirked.

"This attitude is what you told me to act like since I was a baby. I am so immature that my friends used to make fun of me for it, but you wouldn't know about that. Would you? They have all been driven away because you made them. Don't think for a minute that I don't know where Matt is." The words flew out of my mouth like a disease. "I figured it out. Between all the questioning and my friends' stories and this world and that I have figured it out." I continued to ramble. "He was an angel. He was a dang good one at that. He managed to control his emotions long enough to capture me.

"You knew where he was going. This was all a trick. I was your little lab test. You knew I would die, so I want out. I am even willing to trade positions with Hunter here. Anyone should get a good life and you just won't care enough to." I sputtered out the last of it.

"He's not what you always thought that he was." He stated simply.

I clutched Hunter. "We will be going now, and if Jame is still like that when I get back the whole world will know about you."

A nausiating pain was lifted from my mind. An overwhelming realization hit. I was the only one, not because they all died out. I was the only one because I was the good guy. That would explain my horns being different colored. I don't know how I was the good guy, but I just had this feeling. Maybe I was kidnapped. That would be a funny day!

As soon as we arrived back at the hotel room, I dropped to my knees. I simply laid on the floor not willing to get up for anyone. 

Now I even know what happen to Jame's parents. They obviously didn't want to be the bad guy. They rebelled. Now they were dead. It was my fault. I burst into blotchy, red faced, tears. I looked to a sleeping Hunter. He would have been dead to. I saved his life! Suddenly I felt a sense of accomplishment. Now I am really glad that I didn't ask to grant Matt or Hunter their horns. Waiting grants only those who want it a great factor. 

I reached for the map. I could figure this out. I pushed my finger down the map of New Mexico. We had been here, in New Mexico, for a day now, and I couldn't wait to get back home.

Speaking of home... I reached into my pocket once more. My hand gripped the phone and I dialed the familiar number of my big brother, Kyle. I almost yelled with excitement.

"I am normal!" I screeched into the phone.

"No way!" He exclaimed loudly over the phone. He chuckled through the phone as if telling himself a funny joke. 

"Yep. I need to tell everyone else thought so text me." I told him. "Got to go, bye." I didn't wait for an answer before searching through my contacts list to send a group message to my sister, Martha, my brother, Jack, and my mom. Dad would find out from Kyle or Mom.

You are speaking to a normal girl. I texted quickly. I am no longer a fire child. Satan lifted the curse.

As an afterthought I added Kyle back to the list. I really didn't tell him anything at all. He might have even thought that I was lying, or he might not have understood me.

I lay by hand back on the map. Waiting for anything, I was sitting here with a pestering Jame hovering over my shoulder.

Oh my gosh! I forgot he was here!

I quickly explained to him what had happened. He, in exchange, told me that about ten minutes ago he felt something change for the better.

I smiled at him and responded to my fifteen text messages lit up on my phone. Now I just had to find my way to Matt and help him get back home. I needed to do this. It was the right thing to do.

**Okay...I have finished this chapter. :] Hope you liked it. That was maybe too much to fit into one chapter, but I think it was necessary. Please tell me what you thinkk!!** btw I was not happy with this chapter. I actually hated it, but I think I will finish this and start a better one. With a plot and everything. :D please leave gorgeous Critisism.