23. It's not you, it's me

Start from the beginning

But somehow I really liked that about him. His dedication to his work. And usually, when he's with me, he keeps his phone away and just spends time with me. So since he was answering his call it must have been pretty important. And it was a working day so I completely understood. And I definitely didn't mind the view.

His crisp suit, perfect tie, brown classic shoes and hair in their usual neat combed-back fashion, just made him seem like a freaking catalogue model. I internally sighed at what a fan girl I had become. I pouted at the thought. I was not a fan girl. I just enjoyed the picture.

I smirked.

Before my mind got dirty I settled on my seat and decided to check all the pending emails I had to reply to.

There weren't any.

Ouch.

That's when I got a mail on my phone.

It was a job offer.

I blinked.

I don't remember applying for a company named 'Praouey'.

I blinked again.

It said it was an NGO and they needed someone urgently.

NGO.

So maybe I didn't apply to this, they had sent it out themselves.

I opened the search engine on my phone to search for some information about the NGO but I couldn't find much on it. If much meant nothing.

I sighed.

Maybe it was a small one, and NGOs aren't that big with advertising and marketing anyways.

I bit my lip.

It said the meeting is in two hours, and at a place that seemed more like a residential area than an office.

Perhaps they had converted it to an NGO.

Somehow I didn't have a great feeling about this. But again, it might be because I didn't know how working at an NGO would be like. I was conceivably just nervous.

And this was definitely for a good cause. And of course, I'll make sure I get full information before I accept the job.

Maybe a job with a good conscious would be just what I need right now.

I mean isn't it what everybody should do? Something good for the community?

"Alright then, you do that. I'll explain it to her." He nodded.

Okay, maybe 'she' isn't the company.

Or else...no. She is not the company.

What am I thinking?

I shook my head at myself and cleared the ridiculous thought.

"Hey, I gotta run." I stood up from the plush restaurant seat and then kissed his cheek for goodbye. He removed his phone from his ear and looked at me guiltily.