12. What do you think?

A/n: I KNOW THIS IS THE THIRD UPDATE THIS WEEK, I PROMISE THIS IS THE LAST ONE!

Coincidently, today is MENTAL HEALTH DAY and there wouldn't have been a better day for this chapter.

Make sure to wish today to all the therapists that are in your life, it doesn't have to be a professional, it could be your friend, your mother, that old man who goes to the same coffee shop as you...anybody!

Also, to all my dear readers, I hope you are prioritising your mental health because always remember, nothing is more important than your mental health. Treat yourself well. You deserve it. Period.

And yeah, you can proceed now:)

12

What do you think?

I've been hurt before and that's why I close the door
Scared of the dark and broken hearts
I got phobias
I can't let you in 'cause I'm crawling in my skin
Oh, I've been scarred by broken hearts
I got phobias

—Phobias
Johnny Orlando

I LOOKED up from the non-fiction book I was reading about Artificial Intelligence and met eyes with the receptionist who had just nudged me and brought me back to present.

"You're next." She whispered.

Why was she whispering? My bubble was burst, she had officially woken me up from the dream this book had become like. Then I turned and found a young man dozing off beside me.

Right.

She wasn't even being considerate about me. She cared for the sleeping man beside me.

I rolled my eyes and earned a disapproving look from the old lady.

"Okay. Fine, I am going." I raised my hands and whispered to the lady as I made my way to the familiar office of Dr Green.

"Morning, Dr Green." I smiled at Rosalie, my therapist since years sitting on the very same brown leather chair that she loves to sit on.

It gives her an authoritative view, she likes to say.

Though I have no idea what that means.

"What the hell is 'Morning'? Your generation just doesn't want good for anyone don't you?"

I love her.

I grinned as I sat down.

"I don't know, I guess it sounds cooler that way." I bit my lip, trying to hold back my laughter.

She muttered something under her breath and took her journal from a drawer placed conveniently at arm's length from her.

"So what brings you here? It's been a very long time since I last saw you." She adjusted her glasses that were completely different from the traditional round glasses she wore last time I saw her, this time she had... hexagonal glasses on.

Cool.

Rosalie was a woman in her early sixties who knows everything and anything about me, simply because she can and that's her job. But other than that she was the only woman I could ever stick with for so long.

And I am so happy I found her.

"So how are you?" I tilted my head as I saw the significantly increased grey strands in her hair and much more evident fine lines near her eyes.