23. It's not you, it's me

23

It's not you, it's me

Take me back, take me back to the summer night
When we dance, when we dance in the moonlight
Wanna know if you feel what I'm feeling now
Will I see you again?
—Someone
Jubël

MY EYES fought to stay open while I watched the spoon in front of me like it was the most interesting object.

It wasn't.

And my eyes were burning like hell trying to punish me for making them see such an ugly object.

Spoons are ugly, aren't they?

"What?" He spoke onto his phone and then spoke some more.

I might as well take that nap I was considering earlier.

The only thing that was stopping me from not turning into a grizzly was the elixir that was sitting in front of me in a plain glass jar. Ray was kind enough to get it for me, he told me he had already ordered it for me before, because the last time when he was at my place he had seen it almost empty. If I was supposed to feel grateful, I didn't. Because I was rather irked at him for not telling me the name of the coffee so I could get it for myself. But no, he had to be the bearer of it for some stupid reason.

At least I got the coffee. Thanks to him.

Earlier, I had gone as far as trying to search all the coffee out there with the same jar, just I so could find it myself. I thought it was a pretty smart idea. But apparently, no one sells coffee in this kind of jar. It was so unusual. It was a rectangular jar with a black matte lid and the handle moulded out of the glass on the side of the jar.

It seemed more appropriate to carry butterbeer, honestly.

Ugh, I didn't even want to think about something even relatively resounding to liquor.

It was the very reason my head was constricting and trying to swallow me whole. It made me realise that my frequent drinking episodes weren't exactly healthy for myself. I could feel my health deteriorating and as for someone who has a regular workout regime and considered herself pretty healthy, when I said I could feel it. That means I could feel it.

That's what you get for not sleeping and choosing to drink the night instead.

But even after acknowledging that, I hadn't been able to get that into my thick head.

"I don't care. She's in danger." He hissed onto the phone.

I rolled my eyes.

It's funny how he refers to his company as 'she'.

I giggled.

Ray looked at me a minute and his eyes softened, he mouthed two minutes and I whispered "take as much time you need." To which, he gave me a guilty smile and continued on his phone.

Guess who doesn't get a break even on his 'Lunch break'?

Raymond Fernsby.

That is correct.

I stared at him in awe as he continued to talk on his phone a foot away from me in this private restaurant where we had decided to meet up for 'Lunch'. He worked so hard. It was quite sexy. Normally, I would be annoyed if someone wasn't paying attention to me. And he was the one who had proposed that we meet up for lunch.