14. Don't say a word about my jams

14

Don't say a word about my jams

I can't contain it
Maybe it was the breakup
Maybe I just woke up
On the right side of my empty bed
—So Good
Dove Cameron

MY EYES welcome the little light into my eyes that had managed to seep in through the curtains. I like to sleep in a dark room so that Mr Sun isn't attacking me first thing in the morning.

I moved my hands so that they stretch beside me and my left-hand meets with a warm and hard... body?

My eyes widened reluctantly as I realised what was going on.

I turned my body which was lying beside the bed on the carpet towards the left and found Ray sleeping on the carpeted floor beside me.

I remembered how we moved to the carpet because I felt we needed to be more connected to the ground. Down to earth.

Sometimes I act like a drunk, without being drunk.

And Ray agreed.

I muttered profanities as I contemplated my reasoning and stood up and made my bed which was a mess with sheets and pillows in all places. I put the phone on the nightstand where I usually put it and put on my morning playlist on the speakers.

A soft piano melody fills the house as I smile and get ready to do my morning routine. I open the curtains and let the sunshine flow in when I was ready for it to illuminate the room. I put my duvet on top of Ray who was sleeping on his stomach with not a care of this world. I smiled as I saw his face at It's purest form and put the duvet up till his shoulders.

I disconnected the speakers of my room so that I don't disturb him and move to the kitchen. I did my usual workout after setting my mat in the living room. I had changed into my workout clothes and pulled my still oily, wavy brown hair into a ponytail a headband on top of my head.

"Twenty-nine...thirty... thirty-one..." I pushed harder as I decided to add ten more to the usual amounts of push-ups I did daily.

"You make quite a sight." An amused voice falters my thirty-ninth push up as I push down one last time for the last one of the day.

"Forty." I whispered to myself as I smiled in victory and jumped to meet the owner of the voice.

"Good morning." I chirped as I looked at Ray who stood against the living room wall with messy hair and smiling at me with amused eyes.

"A very good morning indeed." Ray muttered as he watched me roll the mat and put it in its place and remove my headband.

I went to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water.

"Water?" I asked as I moved the glass towards him.

He pushed his body off against the wall and walked towards me. He took the glass out of my hands and took a sip as I poured myself another glass.

I took out the granola bars I made from the fridge and took a bite out of one. I passed the jar that contained them to him.

"Now you sit and watch me make a 'healthy' breakfast." I air quoted the word healthy as I racked my mind to make something healthy.

He smirked as he took a bite out of the granola bar and made an appreciative sound.

"This is good." He said after taking the first bite.

"Why, of course, it is, I made it." I motioned my hands towards myself and he chuckled at my antics.

"I never questioned your cooking, you know?" Ray voiced as he finished the first one and took out a second one.