17. Just for that

A/n: Sorry? I wasn't supposed to post right now? I had midterms that are about to begin? Yeah I still do. I am just a goddess when it comes to writing, I gotta listen to my devotees. Not that you all are my devotees lol. Are you? Kidding.

***

17

Just for that

Caught in the moment, not even thinkin' twice
Everything's frozen, nothing but you and I
Can't stop my heart from beating
Why do I love this feeling?
Make me a promise, tell me you'll stay with me
If I'm bein' honest, I don't know where this leads
But that's the only question
Baby, don't keep me guessin'
—Fallin' (Adrenaline)
Why Don't We

NEXT DAY we were up and making the breakfast or more like Ray was making breakfast and I was watching and assisting now and then. Ray asked a question out of sudden.

A question I didn't quite particularly like.

But I believed it was quite due.

"Why are you so scared of love?"

Needless to say, I just wanted to tell him to zip it.

If only I didn't think he deserved to know.

But I just didn't know how to answer the question.

So I decided to try.

"Look, Ray you want me to help you, I'll help you. With anything. Hell, I'll leave my job if that's what you want—" My currently non-existent job if that is.

"No you won't." He arched an eyebrow.

A pathetic trial rather.

"Yeah, but that's not the point—"

"You do realise your current point is invalid now." He chuckled.

"Would you let me finish, smartass? Okay," I cleared my throat trying to get rid of the almost permanent lump in my throat that somehow happened to be there whenever I was around him these days. "But, I can't, I can't...you can't expect me...expect me to—"

"I am not expecting you to do anything." He took my hand and put it on his face and kissed it while doing so.

My pursed my lips trying to control the overwhelming swirl of emotions I was feeling right now. I was so vulnerable around him and I just hated that.

And at the same time I was...content. Content that I finally had someone who could share, who could be there with me. It's just a really weird feeling. But a good weird. And a scary weird.

"You don't understand, I...it means a lot to me to just let you in." I gulped and my thumb trace his lips. "You're becoming so important and so fast it's scary." I bit my lip. Ray pushed me towards him. Our eyes met and understanding washed his eyes.

How could he be so cooperative?

Maybe it's a CEO thing.

"Let me in, Em. Give me a chance. Give love a chance. Maybe it's not so bad after all." Looking at him, it didn't seem so bad.

But I didn't judge books by their covers.

"I need to tell you something. I have a feeling it might help you understand." He nodded and took us to the couch.

I was going to sit beside me but he picked me up and settled me on his lap.

"I want you close to me." He whispered in my ear.